CHAPTER EIGHT (Pipes)

(Y/n) had just arrived at Joey Drew Studios, feeling a little worse for wear after a late night of drinking with his coworkers. As he made his way through the halls, he heard the sound of rushing ink, and soon came upon a scene of chaos.

A pipe had burst in one of the studios, and ink was flooding the room, ruining equipment and causing all kinds of damage. (Y/n) could hear the panicked voices of his coworkers, trying to figure out what to do.

(Y/n) quickly assessed the situation, and realized that he had no idea how to fix a pipe. He was about to head to the front desk to call a repairman when he noticed a gruff-looking man in overalls approaching the scene.

"Hey!" the man barked, making his way through the crowd. "Who's in charge?"

(Y/n) stepped forward, feeling a little intimidated by the man's rough demeanor. "Uh, that would be me. I'm (Y/n), I work here. What can I do to help?"

The man grunted, sizing up (Y/n) with a critical eye. "Well, you can start by getting me some tools. I'm Thomas J. Connor, from the Gent Corporation, and I don't have time to waste on inexperienced novices."

(Y/n) quickly scrambled to gather the necessary tools, feeling a little put off by the man's rude attitude. But as he watched Thomas work, he couldn't help but be impressed by the man's skill.

In no time at all, Thomas had fixed the pipe, and the ink had stopped flowing. The room was still a mess, but the immediate crisis had been averted.

As Thomas gathered his tools and prepared to leave, (Y/n) approached him, feeling a sense of respect for the man's gruff professionalism.

"Thanks for your help," he said, holding out his hand. "I don't think we could have fixed that pipe without you."

Thomas grunted, taking (Y/n)'s hand and giving it a firm shake. "Don't mention it. It's what I do.

With that, Thomas turned and strode out of sight, leaving (Y/n) feeling a little awed by the man's gruff competence. He realized that everyone had a role to play in the workings of Joey Drew Studios, and he was grateful to have met such a skilled and experienced professional.