Chapter 114

Hello everyone. As you can tell, I'm a little late with my chapter updates (for both my stories). I'm in the midst of midterms and simply did not have time to upload during exam week. I've had quite a few readers reach out to me privately and ask me if I'm alright- I am, thank you very much for checking up on me. I had no plans of dropping this story (or Accidentally Fated); I have so much more to offer you guys. Anyway, I hope you enjoy the chapter, leave comments, and vote. As always, enjoy and happy reading.

Haloham

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aelin was pissed. Like really, really, pissed.

Everyone at that godforsaken court were utter idiots and they were testing her patience. The assassin barely had time to adjust her mask over her face when Eris came bursting into her room. Again. Gods, no one there had any fucking manners.

She was already annoyed and heavily regretting her decision to stay in the Autumn Court, so when Eris started pushing her around she might have lost her cool just a bit.

But really, it wasn't her fault. Aelin had to bite her tongue when he nearly laced her to death. And then she swallowed her anger and remembered that she had an act to play.

She resisted the urge to roll her eyes at his repulsiveness and reminded herself once again that no, she could not kill him just yet.

What's wrong?

Came that voice again. She assumed that despite her strength, her rage was burning so much that Rhysand had felt it through the bond.

I'm seconds away from misting Eris.

Is he that insufferable?

As if you don't know. I never would have accepted the deal if I knew how terrible he was.

I'm disappointed darling; who knew your temper was so bad?

It's not funny. I did not escape captivity for this bullshit.

There was a pause.

Tell him that I said to back off.

It was Aelin's turn to stop.

Wouldn't that ruin your plans?

He already thinks that you were my plaything.

But not that I'm not actually Beron's offspring.

He doesn't believe it anyway. We're allies now. It hardly matters anymore.

What?

Oh, did I forget to mention that I made a deal with Eris? My bad.

That little bastard-

Rhysand-

I have business to attend to. I'll speak to you later.

And then he vanished.

Without him to distract her from Eris, her eyes were once again assaulted by his vile smirk.

Gods, she was really close to slitting his throat.

He continued to taunt her from behind, with his breath uncomfortably hot in her ear and she continued to silently chant her mantra; don't kill him, don't kill him, don't kill him.

It seemed to be working. Until the moron decided to grab her chin. "Your little game will end up killing you- ah!"

And that was when she effectively snapped.