Chapter 116

Eris paused for a second and thought about his options. After careful, though brief, consideration, he went with oblivion. "Whatever do you mean, sister?"

He could tell, however, that the little minx was not buying the bullshit he was trying to sell.

"We've already stopped playing games, brother. Let's not regress."

Accepting that she already and there was nothing he could do, Eris said, "So you know."

"I know a great deal of things."

Understanding the situation he was currently in, the male tried a different tactic. "I suggest you keep your lips sealed if you want to keep your head."

She laughed. The bitch actually laughed. "Oh Eris, pathetic threats are not becoming of you."

The male certainly detested the gleam in her eyes and she sneered at him. He felt like he had just walked into the lion's den, and was looking into the eyes of a feline.

"You let it slip and it's over for you as well." It was a last ditch effort of trying to scare her, thought he doubted it was effective. In fact, he had a sneaking suspicion that Celaena was enjoying their little dance far too much. "Beron will flay you alive if he knows."

The mirth in her eyes disappeared and he thought he successfully rattled her- that was until a murderous look overcame her gaze. Lethal silence ensued as she gracefully rose from her seat, and walked to him. "If I die here, I'll drag you to hell with me."

Eris would never admit it in this lifetime or any other, but in truth, her words sent a shiver down his spine. Even when she dropped her facade she hadn't looked like this. At that moment, the little wisp of a girl looked like death incarnate.