Comedy of Errors

She turns to look  back at the bed they shared, knowing he might not come back to it now that she's pushed things a little too far. If they hadn't been interrupted, she feels as though it would have been a different night, and maybe she wouldn't be sat here alone while he avoids her and hides away at the piano. She didn't want to feel this way. Her life is much easier and the world is simple if she doesn't feel anything for him. It's a job, she knows that. She drops her head into her hands and sighs in her disappointment and exhaustion, and the dull pang of the desire she's trying to stifle.

She turns to see the bathroom light is still on. She can take a shower, and forget about this night, just focus on being awake for the day; a new day, to do it over, to get it right. If she can play her part, she can maybe numb herself to any other feelings that are trying to make things difficult for her. Whatever he needs done, she will take care of it. She has to start with removing the dishes, and perhaps having breakfast sent up, she makes a mental checklist. He told her that he doesn't eat breakfast, but he might need to if his body is still on KST. It's still very early but as the sun rises, the area will get busier and he likely won't want to leave the hotel again. If she's going to stay in this room, she can't hide away from him, she should find something to do to occupy herself; something useful.

She looks up at the closed bedroom door, and hears the piano playing a tune beyond it. She knows that she has plenty of time now to shower, and get ready for whatever the day brings. She steps into the sparkling all white room, noticing Yoongi's wet towel hung neatly on the rack and she wonders when he had time to shower. He's probably been up for hours. He might have already eaten.

She closes the bathroom door, and makes sure a dry towel is within her reach. She hangs up his hoodie, pulls off her shirt, and steps out of her shorts as she walks into the large marble shower stall. She reaches down to turn on the shower, and as the water begins to flow, she steps right into the stream.

She screams loudly at the ice cold water coming out of the rain shower as it slashes her skin, and just at that moment, as she fumbles for the lever to turn it off, the side jets engage and spray her middle with the same frigid water. She turns away quickly holding her hand up and trying to shield herself from the stream of water as she reaches out her other hand, eyes closed tightly, grasping for her towel. She shouts once again, unable to control her outburst as she hops out of the shower stall onto the bath mat. She lifts the towel up to cover herself, giving her instant relief from the cold.

At that moment, the door filings open, startling her, making her clutch her towel tighter against her body. Yoongi flies into the room, looking around as though he's expecting her to be lying sprawled on the ground. He's breathing hard as though his heart is beating fast and he looks up at her, standing with soaked hair, shivering as she holds the towel up in front of her. His expression changes from fear to confusion, and they each stand, in shock, staring at each other for a split second before she realizes that she hasn't covered the back of herself yet. She wraps the edge of the towel around behind her, hoping he hasn't seen anything, as he looks away from her, awkwardly.

"What the hell happened?!" he says, as if he's now angry. She notices that he looks everywhere in the room but at her and he seems to be flushed pink, maybe from the adrenaline.

"I'm sorry if I scared you, I just wanted to take a shower."

"You screamed so loud. You didn't hear me calling to you?" She shakes her head 'no.'

"I didn't, I, - I don't know why the water was ice cold, it surprised me, I'm sorry," she repeats, feeling remorseful for disturbing him for something so ridiculous. But who takes showers that cold?! His face flashes with a sort of awkward embarrassment as he realizes why the shower was set so cold.