𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐝𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐬 ; j. peña

ˢᵃᵘᵈᵃᵈᵉ

javier peña 𝔁 fem! reader
𝕟𝕒𝕣𝕔𝕠𝕤

❝ everybody knows that i'm
a good girl, officer.❞

𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐛𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐤𝐞𝐝 𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐥𝐲 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐟𝐟𝐢𝐜𝐞𝐫 𝐛𝐞𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮. He was blonde, gorgeous, and repeatedly glanced between yourself and the file before him.

You felt your lips curl into a slight smirk as he gulped slightly, before dropping it and furrowing your brows with a girlish pout of your lips. "Officer, can I ask why I'm here again?" you wondered. 

"Uh, it's Detective Murphy, ma'am," he corrected softly with a clearing of his throat.

"Ah, I see. My apologies, Detective Murphy." The words rolled off your tongue with ease, and Steve found himself faltering slightly under your sweet gaze before shaking his head. 

"Um, Miss Delgado, is it?" You hummed with a nod, confirming his question. "Miss Delgado, you are here for questioning."

"Wh- Why me?" you asked with a quiver of your lip.

"Because you are the only source we have right now. You were there when the fire started," he answered.

"I see."

"Now, Miss Delgado, three of your friends were shot and murdered last night, before a fire consumed your shared house."

"Thank you for the reminder, sir," you muttered, glancing away. 

Steve pursed his lips before continuing, "Now, we've discovered that two of them have had major connections with a certain drug lord. Would you know of this man's name?"

"Drug lord?" you repeated. "No, no. My friends were- they were innocent. We went out to the movies on Friday's. We went to the pet shelter on the weekends because we could. There is no way they were connected to some drug lord."

"But, ma'am, the stats-."

"Steve," you said, after looking up at him from his nametag. Leaning forward, you crossed your hands, before lifting your head. He inclined backwards slightly, but kept his gaze on your lips for a moment, before looking up at your doe-like eyes, blinking rapidly. "Look at me. I've lost three of my best friends to what you think is a fire set by some unknown drug lord. I was just on a stupid little date with a guy, and when he dropped me home, it was... completely burnt down. And now you're asking me to regail the tragic events that led up to their demise, obviously questioning me for any motives?"

"Miss, no, we're just-."

"And I understand it's your job, but I'm hurting right now, that's all," you sniffed, looking down to swipe a finger under your eye as you felt tears fall down your cheeks.

Steve was panicking. Sure, many suspects had cried, but you just looked so pretty doing it. Standing up, he bent down beside you and took your hands in his, causing your attention to him. "Look, Miss Delgado, I understand you're not in best place right now, and you're obviously very distraught. So, maybe we could, I don't know, rescedhule? How about in a few days time? How does Wednesay work for you?"