𝐬𝐢𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐚𝐜𝐡 ; b. bradshaw

ˢᵃᵘᵈᵃᵈᵉ

bradley bradshaw 𝔁 fem! reader
𝕥𝕠𝕡 𝕘𝕦𝕟: 𝕞𝕒𝕧𝕖𝕣𝕚𝕔𝕜

❝ can i have your real name? ❞

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐇𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐃𝐞𝐜𝐤 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐬𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐚𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬 𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐚𝐫.

The bar was a hot spot, and you always found yourself with your friends their every Friday night. It had become routine now, and you had also formed a close bond with the bar owner and her daughter. You loved the dynamic and ambience of the bar, and enjoyed watching cocky patrons get thrown out if they disrespected a woman or soldier. There were allot of army brats around, given that the area the pub was based in was a military town. You usually managed to coax a drink out of a few of them before returning to your friends, offering them nothing but your winning smile before they sulked off to their fellow squadrons. 

But you weren't prepared for him.

Bradley Bradshaw sure knew how to make an entrance, his glasses dipping as he scanned the room before finding his friends. Ever since their experience at Top Gun, they had changed from being simple competitive classmates to a tight-knit group of friends. Bradley had greeted Phoenix, and even Hangman, the rivalry still present yet much softer, before his eyes found a figure.

Your figure.

You were leaning against the bar, resting your arms against the polished wood of the countertop as you rattled off a list of drinks before settling on a dry beer for yourself. Penny, the owner and long-term girlfriend of his uncle Maverick, smiled warmly at you, gathering the drinks you wished for before grasping your hands and talking. You reciprocated the action, rubbing your thumb over the diamond ring on her fourth finger with a beaming grin. 

One of your friends came up to you and rested her head on your shoulder, nudging you playfully before picking up the three bottles of beer you had ordered, kicking your butt on the way with her boot as she made her way to the three girls sitting in a booth.

You rolled your eyes, scoffing good naturedly before returning your attention back to Penny. She spoke to you for only a moment before she met Bradley's gaze from over your shoulder. Waving with a smirk, the action caught your attention, and the next thing he knew, you were turning around in curiosity, locking eyes with him.

He was taken aback, and it only seemed to hit him that his mouth was scraping the floor and his eyes were wide as he felt a hand clap his shoulder, finding the teasing smile on Hangman's face at his side. Phoenix openly snickered, patting his arm whilst the rest mercilessly poked fun. Shoving them off with a roll of his eyes and a bemused smile, he turned back to you, finding your hand placed delicately over your lips as you smothered a grin. 

Before he managed to shrug off his fellow pilots, you had already returned to your friends, each clinking your bottles together before falling into bright conversation. Bradley let out a huff, turning around and sending a pointed glare at Hangman who merely smirked around the rim of his own beer.