𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐦𝐞 ; j. velaryon

ˢᵃᵘᵈᵃᵈᵉ

jacaerys velaryon 𝔁 fem! reader
𝕙𝕠𝕦𝕤𝕖 𝕠𝕗 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕕𝕣𝕒𝕘𝕠𝕟

❝ i can see something is eating you up inside,
and I'm trying so hard to be there for you...
but you won't let me. ❞

𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐚𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐝 𝐉𝐚𝐜𝐚𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐬 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐬𝐩𝐨𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐚𝐫𝐠𝐞 𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐭. Your eyes seemed to always find his frame, gaze sweeping over his prominent and sharp features.

Sometimes you forgot he was only a boy sitting on a throne meant for a man. Hand dipping to grasp the golden chalice in front of you, you sipped on the crimson wine, trying your hardest to listen to the dull talk and gossip of the high-born ladies around you. 

You remembered the day your uncle told you that you were to marry the king of the seven kingdoms. You were shocked, but not by the thought of having to spend the rest of your life with someone you had never even met. It was more so the fact that the king had chosen you. For a long time, you never really understood why, but as you were brought out into the social aspect and heard the benign whispers of maids and ladies alike, the influence that your family had all over Westeros was definitely a leading factor. 

Now, you had been married to Jace for two months, and it wasn't all bad. You knew that you were lucky enough to be wed to a man who respected your decisions and choices. He honored your boundaries, and always upheld your position of being both his wife and his queen in the highest regard. And, more fortunate than most, he never dared to lay a hand on you in a violent matter. 

However, your heart was greedy, and you wanted nothing more then to tear down the walls that caged his heart. Jacaerys was an affectionate man, often leaving a doting kiss on the forehead or a passing smile. But he always held back. He would hesitate to speak, or tense when a topic was mentioned. And you would ask and beg for him to air out his thoughts, but he would never give in. 

All you wanted was him. As a whole. Not some pieces that he thought would appeal to you. You wanted every single tainted and pure part of him. Just for yourself.

Standing up, you excused yourself from the conversation half-heartedly, having to condemn the women for trying to get up and bow for you. You wanted none of that. Making your way over to Jace, you watched for a moment as he laughed alongside his close friend, Cregan Stark, the Lord of Winterfell. Years ago, they had shared a bond of brotherhood and have kept that promise ever since. 

You almost hesitated but decided to station yourself beside Jace. Your presence alerted Cregan, and a warm smile spread across his stoic face as he bowed his head in greeting, causing your husband to turn. 

You offered a curve of your lips that had Jace grinning from ear to ear as he stole your hand into the prison of his grip, softly pulling you closer.

"My Queen," Cregan nodded. 

"Lord Stark," you complied with a tilt of your head and a smile. "How is the weather faring back home? Still as cold as I remember?"

"Only colder, Your Grace. I think your presence brought a ray of warmth when you had visited. Now my home has been plunged back into ice," he chuckled, irking a slight giggle to escape you.