𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐜 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐜𝐫𝐮𝐬𝐡 ; a. frog

ˢᵃᵘᵈᵃᵈᵉ

alan frog 𝔁 fem! reader
𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕝𝕠𝕤𝕥 𝕓𝕠𝕪𝕤

❝ you don't go to santa clara high, do you? ❞
❝ uh, yeah... i've been in your
class since seventh grade. ❞

𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬 𝐨𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐚𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐞𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐝 𝐚 𝐝𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐚𝐧 𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐩𝐥𝐞. "That woman is totally going to bury you alive," you rushed out, glancing over your shoulder before giving into the giggles of your friends, Maisy and Laura.

"From what I've heard, we wouldn't be the first," the latter joked. 

"Yeah, we all know Old Sarah has a hundred graves dug up," Maisy added, tickling your arm with her manicured fingers. "Legend says, she's waiting for her last victims to complete her graveyard."

"'Legends says?' She's only fifty," you laughed, shaking your head as the girls snickered.

This was a regular occurrence, walking around Santa Clara at night. The board walk was great, open every night of the week and never failing to attract old and new customers. You and your close friends always hung out by the docks, seeming to find a new stall each time you went.

Glancing up, your eyes locked onto a bright sign illuminating the words 'Frog Comics'. Your interest was piqued, and your friends could only watch with confusion and amused smiles as you walked towards the store. 

Out in the front of the shop, a cart was placed in the center of the walkway which carried, what looked to be, hundreds of comics. You hummed in wonder, picking one up and padding through the pages as Maisy and Laura came up behind you, stationing themselves on either side of you. 

"This place is a dump," Maisy stated bluntly, looking further into the store with an incline of her head.

"I think it's cute. Quirky," Laura defended with a frown, smiling sweetly at a couple that walked past her with a plastic bag containing some comics.

"Brandon's been obsessed with the Batman ones," you absentmindedly stated, glancing up from the comic you were looking at. "I'll see if they have some."

"His birthday is coming up," Maisy nodded before cooing, "I can't believe he's turning seven. Your brother is adorable."

"He's also a little shit," you sighed, rolling your eyes. "He's at that age when all he does is whine and cry."

"Yeah, but I bet it's precious," Laura countered, laughing and bumping your shoulder with your own when you huffed.

Venturing deeper into the store, you looked around for signs to see if there was any indication of what isle you should be looking in. 

Finding none, you sighed, deciding to take initiative and walk towards the front desk. Upon arriving, your brows furrowed in confusion when seeing the old couple sleeping against the wall, their mouths parted, and eyes covered by round black-rimmed glasses.