𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐬𝐬' 𝐦𝐮𝐬𝐤𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐫 ; a. d'herblay

ˢᵃᵘᵈᵃᵈᵉ

aramis 𝔁 fem! reader𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕣𝕖𝕖 𝕞𝕦𝕤𝕜𝕖𝕥𝕖𝕖𝕣𝕤 (2011)

𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕣𝕖𝕖 𝕞𝕦𝕤𝕜𝕖𝕥𝕖𝕖𝕣𝕤 (2011)

❝ rise, sir aramis. i would rather your eyes on me
than the floor when you speak of me so sweetly. ❞

𝐃'𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐚𝐠𝐧𝐚𝐧 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐚𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐬𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐚𝐰𝐞, 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐬𝐭 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐬𝐞𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐥𝐦𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐚𝐭 𝐡𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐝𝐨𝐫. He glanced to the man beside him, his brow raising slightly at the sight of him fiddling with his cross.

Aramis looked to be - an emotion unworthy of painting the handsome man's face - nervous. His shoulders were taught as his eyes focused on the ground and anything of interest, his long fingers dancing across the large religious necklace settled over his chest. 

"Aramis," Porthos whispered loudly, leaning forward slightly, and the man ignored him, continuing to fidget. "Your nerves are showing."

"Your insides will be as well if you don't shut up," Athos muttered.

"His Majesty, the King!" a voice suddenly shouted, and the four musketeers lowered to the floor immediately, one knee held out in a kneeling position.

"Well, well, well," the King smirked, marching forward in his heels across the cobblestone floor. He stopped in front of the men, looking down at them with the slightest amusement on his pale face, the Cardinal beside him with a clashing look of distaste. "Brawling with the Cardinal's guards. That's very bad. What have you got to say for yourselves?"

"We-."

"Humbly beg your pardon, Your Majesty," Aramis interrupted D'artagnan, the pair sharing a look.

"Yes. Yes, I should hope so, too," Louis agreed with a nod. "So, tell me, how many were involved in the altercation?"

"There were four of us against 40 of them, Your Majesty," Porthos informed. A thrill ran through the King when he heard such information, a starstruck smirk flitting across his lips.

"Four against 40?" he repeated, his smile widening when Porthos merely nodded. "And you beat them like a drum?" Immediately, the Cardinal began coughing, and the glee disappeared from Louis' face as he continued with a straight face, "And yes, you shall have to be reprimanded, of course, most harshly, I'm afraid. You do understand that, don't you?"