𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐟𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫 ; s. & h.

ˢᵃᵘᵈᵃᵈᵉ

set 𝔁 fem! reader 𝔁 (slight) horus𝕘𝕠𝕕𝕤 𝕠𝕗 𝕖𝕘𝕪𝕡𝕥

𝕘𝕠𝕕𝕤 𝕠𝕗 𝕖𝕘𝕪𝕡𝕥

❝ you belong to me. although not promised,
we were destined for one another. ❞

𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝'𝐯𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐞𝐱𝐜𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐨𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞.

And yet, you found yourself a mix of anger, sadness and depression as you were lead towards your new home. The palace had been rebranded in the name of Set, the once bright and shiny exterior brimming with darkness as the white walls were replaced by dark limestone and encrusted jewels. 

You sat against the vivid circled pillows lining the palanquin, the sheer curtains fluttering in the slight wind. Soon, you would open them completely to show yourself to the citizens of Egypt, since you were considered to be the last saving grace now that the realm was under rule of Set.

You weren't known as the Gift of Ra for nothing.

Ever since you were born, you had been called as such given the obvious favour the god had for you. Priests and nobles claimed you as the supposed Treasure of Ra, the god himself blessing you with all gifts and charities that could only be given by him. 

You were the princess of a nearing capital that was often in trades with Egypt, of course falling underneath Osiris' rule. He had held your family in high regard, so much so that when you showed the slightest interest in his son, the God of the Sky, he allowed the man to try and win you over. He had.

Yes, today was meant to be the day you married Horus, but instead, you felt as if you were entering your own funeral. 

Thirteen days ago, Set, brother to Osiris and uncle of Horus, had forcefully taken rule of Egypt and the realm, killing his brother in cold blood and banishing your betrothed to a far off place, a place you had not the slightest clue.

Ten days ago, your father had received a scroll directly from Set, claiming that any gift to Horus was now a gift to him - including you. You were made ready within the morning, and you had been travelling ever since, completely dissociated from reality as your mind scrambled to completely understand and grasp what was going to happen to you.