Part 23 - Heat of the Moment (LEMON)

WARNING: This chapter contains sexual content. If you aren't comfortable with such topics, please feel free to skip to the next chapter.

Ahri slowly helps Y/N into her room, the smells of perfume and Ahri's natural distinct scent permeating his nose. A smattering of the familiar red bedsheets and pale gray walls greet him as she gently helps him sit down in her office chair. "Comfy?" She confirms with a smile, dropping onto her bed to sit across from the half-Vastayan.

"Did Sett ever explain what sex was to you?" Y/N's neutral face immediately flushes with red. "Mhm." He squeaks out, now realizing what this conversation is going to be about. "It's nothing to be embarrassed about, Y/N." She giggles. "So, every year, female Vastaya go through a breeding cycle."

Mulling over the statement, Y/N begins to put the pieces together. "And y-yours is soon?" Groaning as she flops sideways on the bed, Ahri hesitantly nods. "Like a light switch in February. I just wanted to let you know in case I do some things out of the ordinary. "This will be the first time we've had any men in the house when it happens."

"Is it safe to be in the house?" Ahri laughs. "I'm not feral, Y/N." He breathes a sigh of relief. "Just making sure. Is there anything you want me to do to help?" Coming from anyone else, Ahri probably would've taken that as an advance. "I'm probably going to say a LOT of things I'll regret, so just don't hate me too much." She chuckles, recalling her past 'incidents.'

Y/N looks back to the small desk, grabbing his mask and placing it over his mouth. "Aww, c'mon! You look so much better with it off." Rolling his eyes, he takes a deep breath before placing it back on the table. "Feel better with it on." Ahri giggles, standing up to grab it. "What'd you say was in it? Albuquerque?" "Albuterol. And a small amount of nitric oxide."

Grabbing the black metal mask, Ahri places it on her face. "Do I look cool yet?" Y/N chuckles. "Very." Adjusting her grip to be more comfortable, she accidentally touches the two sensitive buttons on the side, jettisoning the gases down her throat. She tosses the mask onto the bed while coughing.

"Breathe, Ahri." Placing a hand to her chest as she clears her lungs, the Fox feels her heart rate quicken. "What the fuck is in that thing?!" Y/N raises an eyebrow. "I just told you." Looking down at her hands, Ahri watches as they vibrate slightly. "Why am I shaking?!" "Calm down. In and out." Y/N begins to take deep breaths for her to mimic.

Following along, her breathing slowly became less erratic. "You're insane for inhaling that stuff." Y/N shrugs. "None of that happens when I do it. You are also supposed to breathe in when pressing the buttons." Finally calming herself down, Ahri falls back onto the bed. "I'm going to go watch Akali train." Y/N strains as he forces himself up from his comfy chair.

"You need help going downstairs?" Ahri asks, not raising her head. "I think I've got it. Thanks." She hums, rolling over on her side to get some much-needed sleep.

-Timeskip and Y/N POV-

The week after Ahri's and my talk had been 'interesting,' to say the least. She had been giving me strange looks and refusing to make eye contact with me at any cost. Normally, that wouldn't be a problem. But knowing what was going on, it felt more awkward than before.

"Are you sure that you're going to be fine alone with her?" Akali asks as she, Evelynn, and Kai'sa prepare to head to a meeting. "Certain. Shouldn't Ahri be there with you though?" Evelynn giggles, wrapping her arms around my shoulders. "She's not in any state to be having meetings with anyone right now. Kai'sa put some of the soup she made in the fridge if you want any. Good luck, Darling." She plants a quick kiss on my cheek.

"Don't have too much fun." Akali laughs as she steps out after Evelynn. "Ahri's pills are in the cabinet above the stove. Call us if you need anything." Kai'sa closes the front door, locking it behind her.