Chapter 8

Chloes P.O.V

I couldn't fall back asleep. It was like every time I tried the dream would start over.But I would always wake up before anything really happened. It really did suck, not only did I never find out if anything happens, it kept me from a good nights sleep.

To say I was tired would be an understatement, I was exhausted. I woke up later than usual. I took a longer shower hoping that would cure this tiredness but no. I soon gave up and threw on some lazy clothes I found. My hair looked like a birds nest but at this point I really didn't care.

I dragged my feet out of my room making sure I grabbed my phone and wallet. I was walking towards on of our cafes we had. Our building had everything. We had hot tubes, pools, restaurant. You would think this place was a hotel and not a agent head quarter.

I walked outside heading towards the cafe. It was pretty quite which I would say is pretty weird. I somehow wasn't tired anymore. I was on guard. This was a safe place, actually extremely safe so I probably had nothing to worry about but that just not the way my mind is set up.

I straightened my posture but kept walking the same pace. The net thing I heard was someone foot steeps. These were heavy and running towards me. I waited until I heard them get closer and I flipped over who ever the person was.

I flipped them over and immediately straddled there waist while I pinned there hand above there head. I looked up ready to come face to face with who ever was running this way. It was definitely not who I would have expected.

"What the hell Luke." I quickly unpinned his arms from above his head. "Why were you running after me." I said loudly but not yelling.

All I got was a groan in response. I rolled my eyes. It couldn't have been that bad, I did flip him over on grass.

I stayed there for a few second waiting for him to give an explanation.

" I saw you walking so I was trying to catch up with you jeez." He explained.

"So you didn't think that maybe, I don't know calling out my name would have worked."

This time he rolled his eyes. "Well sorry I didn't expect to be thrown against the fucking floor." "Although I wouldn't mind if it happen again, if we end up in this position." He added cheekily with a smirk on his face.

I rolled my eyes and leaned back on his legs. (He is laying on his back with his legs bent btw) I crossed my arms and held back an eye roll. I leaned fowards to where his ears was and I made sure to get extremely close.

"Not today kid." I whisperer in to his ear. I leaned back again but this time got of off him. I looked down and he had a frown on his face.

"Now how about some coffee." I dusted myself off and held my hand out for him to take which he gladly accepted.

"Yeah sure why not." He said.

I started walking away and he only had to take one stride for him to catch up with me. Damn his long legs.

I now had my had my arms tucked under my armpits. It had gotten colder and I did not like it. Luke swung his arm over my shoulder pulling me closer. I didn't know if this was a friendly manner or not, but I wasn't going to complain since I did like it.

He pulled me closer while we kept walking and whispered in my ear. "And don't call me kid."

I was about to answer when he swung his foot to hit my butt. He started to run away and yelled out 'PAYBACK'. I stood there for a second watching him and his very loud laugh echo .

I soon found myself laughing and running towards him. My laugh wasn't a chuckle it was real laugh. A loud one.

I didn't know what was going on with me, but I kind of liked it. And Its all because of that Damn Luke.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~I thought this was a cute chapter........dont forget to vote and stuff. And I think I may make this a short story , but I am not sure just yet.