Chapter 1

[Dwight Everett passed as the top applicant of the Imperial Open Recruitment!]

It was the headline of an article that was given a banner headline on the front page of the Imperial Newspaper.

Eleanor lay on her stomach on the soft bed and carried on reading the interview that followed.

[- Congratulations on passing. What kind of job did you get in the Imperial Household?

: Thank you. I've started working as the Crown Prince's aide. It's something I've always dreamed of, so I'm very excited and happy. I will do my best to take care of His Highness.]

To think that he was trembling while practicing. As expected, he's good at real games.

A happy smile appeared on Eleanor's lips.

[- You passed the exam with excellent grades that stood out even among those who passed. You also got the title of the Youngest Applicant to Pass at the age of 24! What's the secret?

: There was a lot of help from my twin little sister, Eleanor. Eleanor is really smart, you know.

– Is it the Miss Eleanor who was the topic of discussion for giving up admission even after taking the top spot on the Academy Entrance Exam?

: Yes, that's right. Although she's my younger sister, there's no one who can follow her brain when studying. She's also very good at teaching, and she points only the key points...]

The newspaper crumpled up in Eleanor's hand.

Eleanor, Eleanor, Eleanor!

The entire page was written all over with stories about her. Eleanor's face was as red as an apple.

What is she going to do with that dimwit?

Eleanor hopped up the stairs with a heavy breath and slammed the door open.

"Dwight!"

Dwight, who was half lying on the sofa eating cookies, got up. There was little embarrassment on his gentle, good-looking face.

"E-Ellen."

"Explain it now."

Dwight had an expression like he wanted to say, "Oh shoot," when she threw a crumpled newspaper in front of him.

"No, uh... Even so, all of it is the truth, isn't it? I didn't say anything that wasn't true."

"The problem is that it's different from what we promised. Through preparation and review centered on basic books! Analysis of previous questions! You promised to answer it like that, you know. You don't remember?"

"Come to think of it, Ellen, you promised to not see my interview either."

"Even if I do that, you surely are not supposed to do that!"

Eleanor took the cookie from Dwight's hand, took a large bite, and flopped down on the sofa. Dwight, making sure that his twin's expression wasn't too bad, sneakily sat down next to her.

"Ellen, why do you hate drawing attention like that? If I were smart like you, I would've gone around bragging about it here and there, though."

"I hate getting attention. I just want to live comfortably like this for the rest of my life. While spending all the money you, Dwight, have earned."

At Eleanor's words, Dwight shook his head and smiled as if he couldn't stop her. He seemed to take her words as a joke. However, Eleanor's words were 100% sincere.

"A rich jobless person is my life motto. Remember that."

***

Eleanor was born with the memories of her previous life intact just like that.