Chapter 11

Eleanor indifferently opened the luxurious invitation with the seal of the Imperial Palace and read the short letter.

[Lady Alanore Avorett.]

Prince, I'm not 'Alanore Avorett', but 'Eleanor Everett'.

From the first line, the misspellings made her eyes dizzy. However, the sincerity written in crooked handwriting was quite cute. Eleanor smiled and read the next line.

[Hello, I am Prince Lucas. I hoqe you are doing well.]

You should write 'hope' instead of 'hoqe', Prince.

[I apologize I didn't send you my invitation sun when you were waiting for my invitation eaglely. There was a reason for that.]

Not 'eaglely', but 'eagerly.' Not 'sun', but 'soon'. Ah, and she wasn't waiting. Rather, she was surprised that the letter arrived so early.

[Still, I am going to write to the Lady fist. I haven't written for the Duke of Valentine yet.]

It's 'first', not 'fist'. She thinks his generosity of caring for her before the Duke is a bit cute.

[Everything is fine with me, but Brother Izmel says he only has time in the evening. So please understand. If we missed the chance to eat outside, let's have lunch next time.]

She's not disappointed. Really.

[See you then, bye.

Written by Lucas.

P.S. I invited the rude Pink Hair, but I don't like it.]

***

Time passed quickly and the promised day with Lucas arrived. A few days were short, just thinking about what kind of dress to wear at a dinner with the Imperial Family. Of course, that concern belonged to the maids and the Countess rather than Eleanor.

"It's just a normal dinner, Mother. You don't have to be so enthusiastic about my dress. They don't even know what color the dress I'm wearing is."

Despite Eleanor's weary pleas, the Countess didn't budge.

"Even if it's an ordinary normal as you said, the people who gather there aren't ordinary at all."

"You're right, Miss. His Grace the Duke, Young Master Blake, His Highness the Crown Prince, and there's even His Highness the Prince."

"There must be thousands of young ladies who would give up, at least, their gallbladder if they could fit into that position."

...Yes, but where are they all? I'll give you my gallbladder, so please go there instead of me.

"Aren't those three really the best grooms in the Empire?"

"Mother!"

"I know, I know. You've been telling me that it's not like that until a scab forms over my ears." (a scab forms over one's ears: to hear somebody repeat something over and over.)

When Eleanor flared up, the Countess waved her hand to calm her down.

"But don't you think I can have my own romance too? It's already hopeless for my husband, I can, at least, imagine what it must be like to live with such a wonderful son-in-law."

There was a subtle playfulness in the Countess's voice. Eleanor, who had always hated it all the time, just laughed at her this time.

"Father will be upset to hear it."

"Of course I love your father. Your father was pretty cute when he was younger. However, those three are really... You know what I mean?"

And it's a girls' secret, Eleanor. Got it? You can promise me, right?