Chapter 14

"Hello, Teacher."

A few days later, for her first class, Eleanor greeted the children on the porch. Unexpectedly, Lucas arrived first.

"Hello, Sir Lucas."

"You don't have to call me Sir Lucas..., Ma'am. Just call me Luke..., please."

Lucas opened his mouth, creaking like a broken robot somewhere. When Eleanor made a puzzled face, the Imperial attendant who followed Lucas gave a small hint.

"His Highness the Crown Prince ordered it. It's a law to be polite to a teacher. We would appreciate your cooperation."

"I think that would be more inconvenient..."

When Eleanor whispered, she smiled as if she understood the attendant.

"Yes, Luke. come in. Sienna and Demian will arrive a little later."

"I came first..., Ma'am?"

"Yes, Luke is the first."

Then, Sienna's clear voice came from behind.

"Teacher! I'm here too!"

A pink blush appeared on her chubby cheeks, as if she had come running from the carriage.

"Sienna is here. Would you like to sit in the drawing room with Lucas?"

"Yes, I will."

She thought that some grumbling would follow, yet Sienna obediently headed towards the drawing room. Even small laughter could be heard from the drawing room.

'Did they really get attached to each other after fighting? I really don't know what the kids are thinking.'

Just then, there was the sound of heavy footsteps outside the door.

"Huh? Did the duke come in person...?"

The moment Eleanor finished her sentence, the drawing room fell silent for a moment.

"Hello, Duke. Hi, Demian."

Demian gave a light blink. Eleanor patted his hair lightly and smiled.

"Lucas and Sienna have just arrived and are in the drawing room. Shall we go in together?"

Demian, who was about to nod his head inadvertently, came to a halt with a flinch.

Demian was very quick-witted. The purpose of Kaidel, who was always chased by family affairs until late at night, took a carriage to the Count's place with him. If he held Eleanor's hand and went to the drawing room together, Kaidel would have run for dozens of minutes just for these few seconds.

Demian, who quickly finished his calculations, shook his head slowly. Eleanor looked at him worriedly.

"You don't want to go in?"

"...I can go alone."

Demian whispered. It was so small that she had to focus to hear it, but it was enough to startle Kaidel and Eleanor. Demian's ears burned bright red.

"Go in first. I'll be right there."

Eleanor, who quickly calmed down her embarrassed inner feelings, patted Demian on the shoulder.

"It's a good sign that Demian opens up."

"...Right."

Kaidel, with a bewildered face, answered a beat late.

As the surprise wore off, Eleanor remembered her mistake in feeding Kaidel a tart at dinner. Her face flushed hot as the thought reached the tip of her tongue as she licked the cream off her lips.