Chapter 10

Eleanor widened her eyes at Adrian's unexpected compliment. Embarrassed, she gulped down the remaining wine in the glass.

"Drink slowly. You're drunk."

Adrian didn't forget his request even as he refilled Eleanor's glass.

"Don't tell me you don't know. Originally, one drinks to get drunk."

"That just sounded like my father..."

Eleanor burst out laughing and reached for her glass. Delicious food, expensive wine, and a good friend. Eleanor was very excited.

Her cheeks grew redder as the bottle became empty. When traces of drunkenness began to turn red on Adrian's cheeks, Eleanor's full-fledged injection began.

"Rian, you, do you know the sorrow of workers?"

She said, her eyes half-closed, pointing at Adrian. Her tongue was very twisted.

"I don't know. But you also don't know, Ellen. You were at home the whole time."

"I! Know."

Eleanor responded by punching him in the chest.

"I! Know eeeeeverything."

"Yeah, because you're smart."

Adrian gave her a small nod. Not as much as her, but he was equally drunk.

Pretending to hold her chin, Eleanor began to grumble.

"Have you ever taken calls from parents until midnight? Huh?"

"What is a call?"

"That thing exwists... You don't have to know."

"Okay."

He nodded his head obediently. Eleanor tried to slam her fist down on the table, yet Adrian quickly blocked it with his hand.

"I'm not God! Their son has no talent for studies, though..."

"Right. One may not have a talent for studying. Like Prince Lucas."

Adrian unknowingly spat out unfaithful words. Eleanor, who nodded in agreement, let out a long sigh.

"But why are they blaming me for thaaaat..."

"Such strange people."

"That's right. They're strange people. The problem is that there are too many such strange people in the world."

Eleanor shook her head slightly. Suddenly, the hardships of her previous life flashed before her eyes like a kaleidoscope, and she was filled with sadness.

Oh, how many days it has been.

"I, I did live really hard, though? I mean, I tried my best to get rid of the label of poverty. I lived without knowing how to sleep."

Tears welled up in Eleanor's eyes. Adrian, who nodded and listened to her story, hesitated.

"Ellen, since when did the Count become poor?"

And you went to bed at midnight and woke up close to noon, though.

Eleanor, lightly ignoring his logical rebuttal, gave him a small snort.

"Hng, you, who have grown up so beautifully, don't know the bitter taste of poverty."

"You also don't know."

"You, who were born with a golden spoon in your mouth, should be grateful, Rian."

"What is a gold spoon?"