Chapter 13

"Wow..."

Although she had followed her with a bitter heart, the courtyard of the Empress' Palace was jaw-droppingly beautiful. The lanterns embroidering the dark evening sky created a unique atmosphere.

As soon as she entered, the scent of fresh flowers filled her lungs, and the sound of the leaves rustling against each other in the evening breeze lingered in her ears.

"Isn't it beautiful?"

"Yes, it's very beautiful."

"There is another charm in broad daylight."

The Empress smiled with a proud face.

"It's a place that His Imperial Majesty the First Emperor personally decorated for his wife. Maybe that's why, I can feel the affection of the person who made it all over the garden."

There was a small bench under a willow tree. The Empress beckoned and invited her to sit down.

"No one can enter without permission here. Even the Empress can't step in recklessly."

"It's an honor to be invited to such a place."

Eleanor, who sat down cautiously, looked around and said. She sincerely meant it this time. It was one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen in her two lives.

A place that only special people can enter. A place where even members of the Imperial Family, except for the Emperor and the Empress, couldn't go in and out without permission.

She didn't know why she was in such a place, but anyway.

"Eleanor is wondering why I called you here, right?"

As if she knew everything about what she was thinking, the Empress laughed.

Eleanor quietly lowered her lashes and laid her hands on her lap.

"I was serious when I said I came and looked because I was curious. In fact, who isn't curious about the Lady these days?"

Eleanor blushed at the Empress' mischievous words.

"Duke Valentine, Young Marquis Blake. I was more interested in it because I had a deep relationship with the parents of the two. In particular, Kaidel is like a nephew to me."

Eleanor gave her a small nod. She was well aware that the former Duchess Valentine and the Empress were close.

"In addition, my son and Lucas are very kind to the Lady. I'm kind of surprised. Izmel, he looks innocent on the outside, but in reality he is a child who doesn't carelessly surround himself with people. Especially with a woman."

"His Highness is a wise man. He's cheerful."

The Empress smiled pleasantly when Eleanor quickly raised Izmel.

"But it's also true that I have something I wanted to ask for a favor from the Lady."

"A favor...?"

"Lucas, help him get into the Academy."

While Eleanor let her guard down for a moment, the Empress brought the main point. If she had been drinking tea, she might have spouted it out.

"I'm sure Eleanor knows, Lucas isn't my child. He is the son of a consort who passed away the year before last."

Eleanor's eyes shook slightly. It was a fact she already knew, but she didn't expect the Empress to bring up the story herself.

"I don't hate him. Lucas is a cute kid. He's also a bit pitiful. I care for him in my own way."