Chapter 7

That's how the strange entrance exam counseling began.

Eleanor pretended not to notice the hot gaze behind her back and placed cups of hot drink in front of the children. Lucas, who was constantly yawning as if he was tired, sniffed and asked.

"What's this?"

"It's cocoa."

"I don't like cocoa, though."

"Try it just once."

Eleanor confidently recommended it.

It's the taste of the artisan who trained for years in the Academy kitchen room. No comparison with ordinary cocoa is allowed.

From the perfect ratio of water, milk, and chocolate to the sweetness doubled by minced marshmallows. Eleanor took great pride in her beverage-making skills.

"Sienna, try drinking it too. You will like it."

Eleanor said as she placed a piece of freshly baked scone in front of Sienna. Sienna, who had been staring into the cup for a moment, was the first to gather courage and take a sip.

She placed a piece of scone in front of Demian as well, and Eleanor asked Sienna.

"What do you think?"

"It's delicious! As expected of Teacher..."

She didn't know what the hell was expected, but seeing Sienna like it made her feel good.

As Sienna started drinking, Lucas and Demian also picked up theirs.

"Wow, what is this? Why is it delicious? I want more."

There was an immediate and heated response from Lucas. Eleanor smiled and shook her head slightly.

"There's still a lot left. Blow on it so your tongue doesn't burn, and drink it."

Demian didn't say anything, but he seemed quite pleased as he continued to sip from his cup. Only then did Eleanor put her mind at ease, filled her teacup and settled down on her seat.

Anyway, what should they talk about, she wondered.

Eleanor's gaze shifted to Lucas, Sienna, and Demian in turn. Lucas seemed preoccupied with emptying the plate in front of him, while Demian stared down at his cup, making her wonder what he was thinking.

In the end, Eleanor spoke first to Sienna, who was looking at her with a twinkling look that was a bit burdensome.

"I heard that Sienna's dream is to become a top student at the Academy?"

"Yes! I heard from Uncle that Teacher also ranked first in your entrance exam."

At Sienna's words, Eleanor glanced in Adrian's direction. Her eyes met immediately with him, as if he had been looking at her since God-knows-when.

Eleanor, slightly embarrassed, immediately turned her head away again.

"I see. Are you studying alone these days?"

Sienna told her story for a long time. As Adrian said, she was a smart and skillful girl. She has a bit of a sloppy side like a child, but it was obvious that she researched and studied hard in her own way. Eleanor offered a simple thanks and advice.

Then it was Lucas' turn. Lucas was half-swayed, probably losing his concentration.

"Is Lucas preparing to go to the Academy, too?"

As soon as she asked, Lucas' face instantly became dark.

"Everyone says I have to go, but..."

Lucas opened his mouth with a very serious face.