00.02: La Espoir et Morte

2 years before,

Dan felt the Moon laugh as he was thrown towards the nearest tree which was still far from his little bench. He grunted in pain as if a thousand glass shards were compressing within his brain.

“I’m going to ask one more time, who the hell are you?”

He raised his ever so hurting head and opened his eyes, focusing on the auburn - haired girl.

“You can see me?” He asked with a soft voice, a hint of confusion, a hint of disbelief.

“Of course, I can see you. I'm talking to you right now, aren't I?” She said as if it was the most obvious thing. The way she answered deemed his question as if it was the dumbest thing that she had heard.

“ Let me breathe so I can talk! ” He exclaimed, blowing away his hair as the aneurysm was getting too much for him.

“Fine!”

The girl stops and turns away. Dan should probably feel angry or insulted by the girl but since he was the one who interrupted her grief. He chose to hold it in. She was emotional and in pain so she couldn't control herself.

“I thought supernatural beings have this rule about not hurting normal people. ”  He uttered, massaging his temples as he stood up stretching his body.

The girl turned towards him, glaring with her bright light coloured blue eyes. Under the moonlight, her eyes shined even more. It was more prominent and clear. Yes, she was angry and emotional.

But, dear lord, was she still breathtakingly beautiful.

“You? A normal person?” She chuckles in disbelief, “You're radiating an excruciating supernatural energy to be called a normal human. ”

Hearing her words. he furrows his eyebrows. That couldn't be possible. He was just a ghost or a spirit, or a lost boy that no one should be able to see. Even if he was a supernatural being, the only possible being that he could be was a ghost or a spirit.

What changed? He thought. Various events went through his brain, moments where he had stood five steps behind the girl, silently providing comfort.

It wouldn't have helped because he knew, he just knew, that his first mistake was touching this girl. This girl that radiated power, beauty, and rarity.

Rather than what, it was who that changed everything? He thought, looking at the auburn haired girl.  Underneath his curled bangs, his eyes shadowed with a hint of amusement.

“I didn't mean no harm when I touched you, I apologize for surprising you. ” He said, raising both of his hands to show that he didn't mean no harm. He slowly stepped closer towards her.

“You didn't answer me. Who are you?”

“Isn't it proper etiquette to introduce yourself first, or have my books failed me? ”

“ Are you a vampire? ”

He shivers as he hears that.

“Oh dear god, No. ”

“ Then answer me already or I'll burn you from the inside. ”

He raises his hand in defeat and just shrugs, pouting at the girl. He didn't know how much she knew but he was entitled to his secrets, he didn't need his books for that.

So he simply fixed his clothes and straightened his posture. He slightly slicks back his curly hair and coughed.

“Pleasure to finally meet you, my name is Dan. ”