00.04: Digging Deep

2 years before,

Tapping his feet against the floor of the car repeatedly and darting his eyes from the window to the man driving. His eyes would occasionally come back to the girl beside him, Hope Mikaelson.

I should say something, right? That's the proper thing to do in this situations, right? Ah, uhm, uh, I don't know what I should say!

His thoughts stopped abruptly when he heard a giggle from Hope. He glanced at her with an obvious confusion in his eyes.

"Calm down, Dan. You don't need to say anything else, we're already here." She explained with a grin and left the car through her door.

"Wa-wait! Was I too obvious? H-Hope?!" He asked with embarrassment as he shifted towards Alaric who was chuckling as he was looking at the boy fondly.

"You were loud with your actions, kid. But, hey, we're already at the school so you can calm down. Come on. " Alaric said as he tapped his fingers at the steering wheel and opened the door to the car.

" Way to start your new life, Dan. " He mumbled with a groan.

-

As he stepped down from the car and looked around the school. He felt a sense of nostalgia creep within him. It crept through him slowly and covering his heart in an embrace. He felt as if he was home.

But even though his heart seemed as if it was ready to cry and bleed for the nostalgic feeling. His mind remained empty with just hints and scratches of scenes that did not make sense.

" I love, I love, I love you. A- "

" Dan! " He was brought back to reality as his darkened eyes focused on the girl in front of him. Hope.

"What is it? " He asked with a soft voice, staring at the girl. His mind knocking again and again.

Hope furrowed her eyebrows, wondering what happened to the energy Dan had a while ago.

" I-I have classes right about now but Mr. Saltzman is going to talk with you about all the things you need to know, then the twins, they'll find you after their classes, will be giving you a tour, and, what am I missing? " At this point, Hope was rambling because of the intense stare Dan was giving her.

"Where will I find you?"

"I-I'll come to you. " Hope said as her cheeks reddened at her own words. "As soon as possible, I'll come to you."

"I'm glad. I don't know anyone else here that much except you so your presence calms me down. I don't even know why I'm here so I'm kind of scared. " Dan explained as he shyly grins rubbing the back of his head.

"You don't need to be scared, everyone's a good person here. I promise and if anyone messes with you, I'm here. I promise. "

" We've only just met but right back at you, darling. I'm here for you as well."