00.10: Amulet of Memories

Dan stood before Alaric, his eyes fixed on the amulet that lay in the headmaster's outstretched hand. The ancient artifact pulsed with faint energy, a glimmer of hope amidst Dan's swirling uncertainty. 

Alaric's voice broke the silence, his tone filled with a mix of caution and encouragement. "Dan, this amulet holds the key to unlocking your memories. It will guide you through the memory dive, allowing you to explore your past. But remember, once you embark on this journey, there may be things you uncover that are difficult to face. Are you prepared for that?"

Dan hesitated, his fingers lightly grazing the cool surface of the amulet. His mind raced with conflicting emotions, torn between the desire to uncover his forgotten past and the fear of what those memories might reveal. But ultimately, a resolute determination burned within him, urging him forward.

"I am ready," Dan replied, his voice steady yet tinged with a touch of apprehension. "I need to know who I was, where I came from, and what happened to me."

Alaric nodded, his gaze filled with a mixture of understanding and concern. "Then take the amulet, hold it close, and close your eyes. Let the memories guide you, but remember, you have the power to control the depth of your dive. Take your time and explore at your own pace. "

Dan accepted the amulet, its weight reassuring in his palm. He took a deep breath, his eyes fluttering shut as he allowed himself to be enveloped by the memories waiting to be unearthed.

As darkness washed over him, Dan felt a familiar tingling sensation, like a gentle current flowing through his veins. He was transported to a moonlit night, standing amidst a circle of figures cloaked in shadows. The air crackled with anticipation and whispered incantations.

He recognized them—the members of his coven. Their faces were hazy, their identities veiled by the passage of time. But the sense of camaraderie and shared purpose filled the air, binding them together as they tapped into the power of the moon.

In the depths of the memory, a voice echoed, strong and commanding. It was Elijah Mikaelson, his presence ominous and foreboding. He stood before the coven, his eyes blazing with a mix of power and menace.

" Good evening. " His voice as powerful as he stood, straight and confident. "I have come here today for only one thing. I have heard of your transgressions against my family, particularly our new addition. "

"  Elijah Mikaelson. The legend, himself, has arrived to see us. Shall we bow and serve you our bloods? " Dan focused his eyes on the woman that spoke courageously to Elijah, registering her words as well as her features. He blinked in surprise as this was the same woman who he saw at the lake. 

"Astrid, my old friend, what has happened to you? I thought your loyalty to my family knew no bounds. Whatever has happened, we could have talked about this." 

" I forgot myself during our talks, my old friend. " Astrid tilted her head as her eyes glowed in a bluish color. 

"Wha-" Elijah's words stopped abruptly as he was thrown backwards slamming him against the tree. 

"People die when they align themselves to the Mikaelson family, you are abominations, a hindrance to the balance this world has kept and you and your siblings walking around this earth has destroyed that. Retribution will come for all of you especially that tribrid child of Klaus." Hearing the words of Astrid, Dan felt fear and shock seep through his chest, locking in and holding his breath.

 Mikaelson. There was a sense of nostalgia hearing that name as if it was a name that held so much history for him personally. He knew their history, the deaths that the name carries behind its back.