00.05: The Supernatural Test

2 years before,

It was nerve wrecking staring at the red ball in his hand. He gulped down at his throat, wandering what he should do or say.

“Why are you lying?” Alaric asked as his serious gaze towards the boy intensified.

“ I - I'm not sure. I know that I approached because she was crying, there was something in me that just wanted to be with her. She's been crying for far too long. ” Dan tried to explain as much as he could but his mind and heart weren't at a balance.

One was filled with emotions from a time that he didn't remember, a time where he was alive and normal.

The other lived by knowledge and logic from his exploration.

Alaric Saltzman has experienced and seen a lot for a human. He had grown somewhat of a tingle for supernatural events, knowing when something is wrong.

And, the very existence of Dan was wrong, his instincts were continuously yelling within him.

“Look at me, Dan.” The boy raised his eyes and made contact with the headmaster, his hand tightened as he held the truth ball. “Try to remember what's your earliest memory, dig deep within your mind, heart, and soul.”

‘How the hell will I do that?’ The six months old ghost thought as he furrowed his eyebrows at the man in front of him.

The man in front of him was Alaric Saltzman. He was a former vampire. Yet, it felt like Alaric was compelling him as he spoke those words. His vision blurred as the scenery changed, Alaric disappeared as the blurring continued.

Blurring, Ringing, Boiling.

He was taken to his mind.

The memory began abruptly, as a hand stabbed through his chest as they grasped his heart. The person's other steadily tightening their hold in his throat.

This. Everything that's happening to you right now is not your fault, sweetie. It's that girl and her lot of a family. Remember that. As you cross the boat of peace or whatever they do in the other side. ”

The voice was a woman's. It was threateningly calm, the woman could lull you to your death silently or loudly with her voice.

Violently taking away her hand as she took his heart and at the same time, snapping his neck.