00.03: Memories

2 years before,

They both saw the sunrise that day. As they sat on that little bench, talking about anything they could think of. They didn't ask about the usual get to know questions. It was random, from the lightest to the deepest questions.

By the end of their conversation, Hope's heart had felt light and at ease. Her eyes tearing up from laughing at Dan's jokes and questions. The conversation had ended when Hope's phone had rang.

Dan had observed her talking with the man who had called her. For some reason, he could hear their talk so clearly as if their conversation was being held close to his ear.

Fine! Fine, I'll head back soon. ” She said with annoyance and resignation in her tone as she hanged up on the man she was talking to.

Hearing her words, Dan's energy depleted, knowing their time together was over.

Will she remember me, will she see me, the next time our paths cross? He thought, furrowing his eyebrows.

“ You're going back then? ” He asked, looking at the clouds. Hope nodded as she stood up, dusting off her pants and stretching her arms.

“Yeah, that was my headmaster or principal, they didn't see me at my dorm so they're assuming I escaped, which I kind of did. ”

Dan chuckled, gazing at the auburn-haired girl. There was a certain ring in his head that kept knocking but he ignored it. It was fear, he knew it and he felt it.

“ Be careful, Hope. ”

The tribrid looked at him, analyzing his words and his expressions.

Their eye contact took a minute or forever before she smiled gently.

“ You should be the one to be told that. Believe me, I can take care of myself. While you roam around in this area at night, not knowing  that a lot of dangerous people roam at night. ”

Oh, he knows. He sees them. But, they don't see him.

“ Well, maybe they won't see me. ” He shrugs with a smirk but internally, he was wondering if everyone could see him, now that Hope could see him.

Hope giggled as she shook her head, not believing Dan's audacity to say those words when he looked as if he was sculptured by Aphrodite itself.

“ I can't with you, heh, just be careful and I'll see you soon. Dan.

She nods farewell as she jogged towards her school as she turned back once more, to see Dan looking at her with a soft smile, with his hands in his pockets and his eyes as gentle as his smile. He looked like he was looking at something he admired to his soul.

Hope felt her cheeks reddened as she waved again, jogging faster to her school.

Hope Andrea Mikaelson.

“ Hope Mikaelson...” He utters so softly underneath his breath, as if the name shouldn't be heard by anyone else.

Even her name is beautiful.

His eyes snapped open as his sight was filled with golden light. It was like the sun was nearly on top of him. He felt the earth below him, the grass within his touch and the energy moving amongst the soil through the trees. He closed and opened his eyes repeatedly so that his vision could adjust.