10. learning well

Neteyam's pov;

I was eating my breakfast with my mother and little sister tuktirey, but all i thought about since i said goodnight to y/n yesterday was how her beautiful face was so happy and proud showing me her culture.

I honestly could watch her smile and hear her laugh all day long without getting tired of it...

"So, how is it with y/n? You spend your whole day with her, did you get the answer?" My mother suddenly asked me, "y/n? Y/N?? I know you like her!!!" Tuk said (almost shouted) in excitement.

"N-no tuk!" I tried explaining myself to her, because I KNOW she will tell every single bit i speak about y/n.

"Tuk.. kiri still needs help with shell seeking, go help her instead!" My mom said, and luckly she did indeed help kiri with finding pretty shells.

"Soo.... What is the answer?" Mother asked me, i signed deep in and out.
"Ohh.. did something go wrong?" She said will looking worried to me.
"Well, nothing.. went.. wrong?!? It's just that i don't think i will have enough time to get the answer from her." I said while looking down, "why is that?" my mother replied.
"Her brothers, her mother, her father, her whole family, THE WHOLE CLAN doesn't like me! If they see us, they will skin us." I explained.
"The chiefs daughter and the outcast.." my mother quietly said, "what?" I said in confusion.
"Does that sound familiar?" She asked me, i thought about it for a second. She gave me a smile while i realized.
"You and dad, but... That was totally different.." i refused the truth.
"It isn't different, she shows you her ways, and grandmother also didn't like dad before he became toruk makto." She said, "so i need to proof i am worthy to let them have my trust?" I asked her.

My mother nodded.

Y/n's pov;

I was so so so so happy than every before, i was eating breakfast with my whole family.

"Neteyam teached me alot of english yesterday!" I said with a smile on my face. "But still you can't say it in english" auonung said not believing in me. "I can, neteyam.. teach me very much...english" i said still in my broken english. Rotxo and auonung slightly laughed at me.
Tsireya put her hand on my shoulder and said :" i believe in you, just practise more!". Even tho she was the favorite of everything she still could be a kind little sister.

"Thank you tsireya" i said. "And he only teach you?" My mother had to ask me, "yes mother, only teach." I 'promised' to her.

But right after that i took my last bite of my breakfast and shoved it down, "mother, father, can i swim?" I asked my parents.

"Yes my daughter, you can leave, be carefull." My father allowed, and just as i left the doorway from my hometent i heard my brother auonung ask my dad if he could also leave, but i didn't think much of it.

I wasn't going swimming, i was going to neteyam's hometent! I was planning to spent the whole day with him again, i just can't go without him anymore, he makes me just so happy, i love how he is just so clueless, so dumb sometimes, but also so handsome. He is just a sunshine in the cloudy sky.

It was only a short walk to his hometent until i already arrived. I looked around the corner of the opening from his tent, i already heard talking from a few steps away coming from his tent.

"Neteyam? Hello!" I said in relieve as i saw him sitting with his mother, "oh hello y/n! How are you doing?" His mother said with a smile, "everything good! Can neteyam and i swim?" I asked neytiri.
"Yes of coarse you can! Or can't you? Neteyam?" Neytiri said while looking him deep in his eyes with a smirk. Something was going on....

"Y-yes! Of coarse y/n!" Neteyam said while standing up. "Here, take some of our forest fruit to test it out!" His mother suggested, "mom, you don't have to-" "TEST IT!" "Ok ok!"

"Ohh, forest fruit??" I said with excitement, i've never ever tasted forest fruit, and i was so curious trying something new out!

"Yes, do you like that?" Neteyam asked me while walking up to the beach, "yes please!" I replied really fast after him.
"Okay okay!!" He said while giggling a bit.

He pulled out his knife and pulled the skin of, underneath that was a very pretty purple juicy substance.

"Here, take a bite" neteyam said while holding the fruit close to my mouth, i didn't had to say it twice.

I took a big bite and the sweetness replaced the fish breakfast i had this morging. "Mhhh!!! This good!" I said with a mouth full, neteyam looked at me with a smile.
He also took a bite and within a minutes the fruit was already gone, we walked to the beach, i really didn't know why either.. maybe we could just talk for a bit? Know eachother better?
"Do you want to fly?" Neteyam suddenly asked me, "fly?" I asked with confusion.
"I can call my ikran, does that sound fun?" He suggested.
"Will i fall?" I said with slight panic, "if you hold me, you won't" "are you doing this just to have a hug?" I asked, immediately i kinda regretted saying that, i just spoke out my mind.
"Do you want to fly?" Neteyam asked me again, but his smile kinda faded.
"Ok i am sorry neteyam, i no say that.." i apologized to him.

He said nothing and turned his back on me, showing me the details on his gear. He called his ikran, and i didn't had to wait for even a few seconds before a blue flying species landed just right infront of him.

"Don't look in his eyes." He said with a serious voice, he made the bond and turned his face my way, "come sit infront of me, but don't distract my vision!" He said, i was kinda scared for this..
Neteyam showed me how to get on his ikran and soon enough i was sitting on it's neck. Neteyam sat close behind me, and made sure i sat the right way.

I was SUPER nervous.

"Where are you going?" I heard a masculair voice say, i immediately reconized that voice.
"Nowhere auonung." I said with a irritated voice.
"Exactly, so get off." Auonung said walking closer to us, "no. Leave me alone." I shouted at him, "NO. It is dangerious flying without knowing how to fly! Get off, i have to protect you." Auonung said.

No-one had to protect me, well... Only my parents because i haven't done my dream hunt yet, but they are the only one with that right.

"YOU DON'T HAVE TO PROTECT ME AUONUNG." i shouted with all frustation.

Suddenly the ikran began to move upwards and within seconds i was in the sky. It was very weird for me to see the ocean like this, but still as beautiful.
My tail was stiff like a rock because i was so nervous, and neteyam noticed it. I felt a hand grabbing around my waist and pulling me closer to neteyam, it felt like we both stopped breathing. Or maybe i just couldn't hear him because wind was very loud in my ears..
"So your brother really doesn't like me with you?" Neteyam asked, "i think you know" i said while looking down at the ikran's beautiful skin pattern.

"No i don't know..??" Neteyam replied with a confused look on his face, "well .. it has never been really spoken between my family, but once i heard my parents talking  with him and saying that he has to have a plan to make me the next thasik. And all he does since then is to ruin every relationship i have with any men i have in my life except my father." I let out a big sign after saying that.

I felt neteyam's hand tighten around my waist and pulling me all the way to him, i could feel his warmth from his clothed area. My eyes widened, "i am sorry for you, you are a great friend to me." Neteyam said in my ear, his braids tickeled in my neck, which led me to giggeling a bit.
"You are a very great friend to me to, neteyam" i said while turning around tk see his yellow eyes looking straight into my blue eyes. I knew it by now, eywa confirmed that i really catched feelings for this man.
I honestly wish i could bond with him and spend the rest of my life with him, making our children have turok macto's blood in them.

But something different catched my eye.. I saw dark blue species swimming towards the metkayina clan. It took a better look at it and before i could blink twice i immediately knew who had turned back, "our spirit brothers and sisters!" I accidentally said in excitement.
"Our what??!?" Neteyam asked me.
"Turn back!! Turn back!! This is great!!" I said while pointin at the beach from where we left, this only meant one thing, my spirit sister returned!!!

"Are you sure?" Neteyam asked me, because he probably knew by now that we, atleast me, would get in trouble if we landed back on land. "YES I AM SURE!!" i shouted with a bright smile on my face.