11. shattered

As we came closer to the beach we heard the bell announcing that the tulkun's had arrived. I didn't expect that they would come this early in the season, but it didn't matter anyway!
Neteyam already saw auonung waiting for us, but all i was looking at was the people swimming with their ilu on their way to their spirit sister and brothers.

We landed and as soon we did, i called my ilu. But someone grabbed my arm, "what the fuck do you think you are doing." Auonung said in my ear, i saw my dad walking up to me. "What do you think you are doing daughter?" He asked with a strict voice. "Flying, i don't care what you all will say." I answered with a irritated voice, "that's her boyfriend, that outcast boy." Auonung said while holding my arm even tighter.
"Is that true, y/n?" My father asked me.

I didn't know if neteyam and me were anything at this point. I looked at neteyam who seemed a but speechless and scared, "see. You see that look in her eyes when she looks at him, father!" Auonung suddenly grabbed both my arms and upper body, i hissed at him and my tail slapped him in his face.
"IS THIS TRUE?" my father asked me again with his voice a little louder now.
"Fuck you auonung" i said while struggling to breath. "I would if you finally allowed me so i could proof that this demon blood boy is not good enough for you."  Auonung whispered in my ear.

"Sir, you have to stop this." Neteyam said while walking up to my father. Honestly i was luckly my mother wasn't here at this moment, she would have skinned me.
My father pulled him back away from me, and said :" don't come near my daughter, ever. Again.". Neteyam's eyes widened right after my father finished his sentence.
"Father, you cannot do this to me." I whimpered, i couldn't say anything right now since my eyes were basically creating a ocean.

"FUCK YOU" i said to auonung and spit in his face, this way he let me go and i could escape and finally talk about this to my spirit sister. I ran as fast as i could and neteyam came with me, my ilu was waiting for me. This was my only chance, and i have to take it now or never..

The last thing i heard behind me was my father and brothee shouted for me to come back, but no way i would come back before they would leave me alone.
I searched, and searched, and searched for my spirit sister. And just on the last moment i would gave up i saw the last tulkun waiting for someone, i was the someone.
Neteyam was holding onto my waist, but that was the last thing i was noticing in this moment..
I took a good look at that tulkun, "AMERA!!" I shouted underwater, and the bright smile came back on my face.

The tulkun turned my way and made the happiest noice i could ever imagine, every year i enjoy this moment so much.
Amera was different for her more teal like skin, like my skin had a purple tint.
My freckels began to glow brighter, what i didn't notice is neteyam who grabbed my waist for his life, he looked around my shoulder to see what is going on. But i was to busy to notice him.

When i came close enough to amera i thanked my ilu for the ride and gave the biggest hug to amera i could ever give someone. The happy noises and laughs left our mouth's every single second we were together.

"Hello amera, how have you been doing?" I asked in sign language, "so good, thank you.. who is that?" Amera asked me. I turned around not understanding what she meant by that, but neteyam was right behind me and smiled at me, "ooh, this is neteyam, my great friend. He does not understand what i am saying now." I answered her question.
"Ooh, is he kind?" Amera asked, i nodded.
"Yes he is.. and i kind of think i have love feelings for him.." i answered.
Amera and me laughed at my answer, sometimes she was the only one who i really could tell my secrets to without getting in trouble.

Suddenly neteyam asked if we could go above water for a second by holding my shoulders, "what is wrong?" I questioned.
"What are you two talking about? I still don't understand this finger talk.." he said. I giggled a bit and turned around only to see amera's eye peeking to see what is happening. "I will teach you soon!" I said with a smile on my face.

"Y/N MY DAUGHTER!", I heard a fatherly voice shout. Shit, my father got me.
"I am in trouble because i am with this boy, i am sorry i have to leave amera..i promise i will come back!" I quickly signed to amera. Amera made a sad but understanding noise, "you will come with me." My father said while grabbing my upper arm and putting me on his skimwing. "Sir with all respect, why are you doing this to her?" Neteyam asked.

To this question my father was quiet, i had one last look at neteyam and amera with a tear running down my teal skin and glowing freckles.

"I am sorry daughter, but i have to listen to you mother. And you to." My father whispered in my ear while swimming to the beach.

Why did eywa have to punish me this way, why can't i just have a boy who i really have feelings for and not my brother.

We arrived at the beach in no time and as i could know, auonung was already waiting for me with his arms crossed.
"Wow look who it is." Auonung said in te most irritanting voice i could imagine, he really thought he was superior to me right now.
I looked at him with the most nastiest face i could make, "take her to our tent and wait for mother, understood?" My father commanded auonung, "yes of course father." He answered while grabbing my arm really tight again, "i am not your dog skxawng." I whispered to him.

"I will be hunting with the other men, behave yourself." My father commanded to me.

I totally forgot the hunt festival will be in 3 days, and i still have to make a top for myself for then. "Yes father." I said, auonung led me to our home tent. "When will you realise i do not have feelings for you?" I said. I couldn't hold the question in my head for any longer, and i wanted the answer TODAY.

"When will you realise that that forest boy isn't good enough for you?" He said, "THAT WAS NOT MY QUESTION. ANSWER THE QUESTION AUONUNG." i shouted out loud so everyone could hear, but almost everyone was in the ocean.

But even if i shouted, he would not answer.

When we arrived at our home tent he sat me down on my bed, "why are you like this?" I asked him with tears running down my cheeks. "Why are YOU like this?" He asked me instead. "Eywa just stop this, i DO NOT love you, get over it please." I said, still crying my eyes out.

Neteyam's pov;

As i saw auonung walk away with y/n it broke my heart seeing she is just trapped in her family. I didn't have any sort of plan to make her escape her family and be happy with me.

My father walked behind me, and holding my shoulder asking :"hey, what just happened? Are you in trouble?".
"No nothing important father, when are we hunting?" I asked him trying to change the subject. "Yeah that why i was looking for you, would you like now? Just a father and son moment?" He asked me with a slight smile.
"Yes of course dad, sounds fun!" I said with a fake smile, maybe it was better if i let my mind go of the thoughts a bit...