12. shattered pt2

Neteyam's pov;

But after a long day going hunting foe the festival we did have to go home to eat something. The whole time i didn't have a smile on my face, and the thoughts didn't really go away either, i don't know if i can tell my mother about it, or my father, or my brother, or..... Mh.. maybe kiri? She would not tell anyone ever, she did indeed always kept my secrets safe. So... Maybe i could tell kiri about it, but when? And how?
I would have to lie to her that i needed help or something so that i could safely tell her without anyone hearing it.

Me and my father walked together to our home tent. We gave the hunted fish to tonowari who would give them to the women who can cook it a special way.

"Ah! There are the mighty hunters!" My mother said with a smile, i haven't saw her since i had breakfast so i was kinda happy to see her to. "Teyam!!!" Tuk said and came for running a big hug. "Helloooo" i answered.

"Are you 2 hungry? I made a big meal today?" My mother asked me and my father, "yes honey, i am starving, thank you so much." my father answered and gave mom a kiss, "ewwww!" Tuk said while closing her eyes. We all laughed about that. This made me kinda realise how i need to be grateful for my family.
My mother gave us all the plate with a big load of food, i really could need that right now..
As i was peacefully eating my food my mother took a good look at me, she probably knew what was going on.
"What is wrong, you look sad?" Mom asked me while making deep eye contact which makes me nervous..

"Nothing mother, just tired" i answered while looking down at my food and eating it, "that is new, you are never tired?" My father said. "Neteyam likes y/n!" Tuk said, i groaned out of frustation.
"Why do you snitch me?" I whispered to her.
"The chief's daughter? Really?" Lo'ak said suprised, "i can snitch you to now, so you better not make fun of me" i said with a very serious face back.
"HEY! Let's not have a discussion right now. Just eat alright." My father said with a strict voice, lo'ak rolled his eyes and grabbed some more food.

I looked at dad and he had a smirk on his face while also looking at me, oh boy he knew what was going on. I smiled back, but i still needed somebody to tell what was going on and that would be kiri.

" But, about that, and i promise to you, we aren't pushing you but... You are a warrior now and a warrior needs somebody to take care and love him as a husband, have you kind of had it in your mind to choose your woman soon?" My mother asked me.

I looked up to her in shock, well.. not really in shock, she had told me this multiple times and i know she is right. But, in this moment it is just hard to choose. I haven't had contact with any other woman besides y/n, so who COULD i choose besides her?

"Yes mother, i have a woman in mind, do not worry about it." I answered with the same answer as always.

I heard some noises outside, but i didn't think much of it.

I ate the rest of my food and cleaned up a bit before my whole family went off to bed.

Y/n's pov;

And there i was, making my top for the upcoming festival with my brother keeping his eyes constantly on me.

I was making this top :

(Full Credits to av4tarwaves on tiktok!!)

But as much i accidentally poked myself with the needle i was making my top with, the thoughts didn't go away.

My mother just now arrived back from the ocean. And apperantly she already knew the story, she only looked at me with disgust in her eyes, and began to cook.

Just as i was finally concentrated in my work piece, my mother asked me something :" y/n, go get me some more of this sea weed, you only know where to find it. But. Go with your brother.". First of all, i was suprised she would even let me out the tent. Second of all, i wasn't suprised my brother had to come with me.

"Yes of course mother, i will be back soon." I said while standing up and walking out our home tent.
My brother was right behind me, having every second his eyes on me.

The eclips was already done and the stars began to glow brighter by the minute. I took a step backward and ran into the ocean, my second eyelids made me look clearer in the water. And soon enough i found what my mother wanted.
I grabbed my knife out my pocket and cut some of which i thought would be enough, my brother was a bit behind me. When all of the sudden, i saw a kelliop. It is a small creature which looks very innocent, but they sting, REALLY hard. It only took me a few second when i already had a plan in my mind..

I took some other leaves and wrapped it around the kelliop, which if i hold it, it would sting. But if someone else took it over, it would feel being hunted and would sting the person holding it.

I took all what i needed and when back up to the water. I climmed up the path which led to all the tents of other people. "Hurry up" i said to auonung, "yes yes!" He said while still swimming up to me.

We when finally both stood up good, i asked him nicely :" can you hold this more me please?". "Why? What is this? Why do we need it?" Auonung asked with suspision in his eyes, "to eat idiot." I said while handing it over to him.

And just as my plan was succesfull, auonung screamed out of pain from the sting.

I ran as fast as i could to neteyam's house, maybe i could escape for a little while with him. I didn't think about getting in trouble at this moment, all i wanted was to be with neteyam at this moment.

Neteyam's tent was far away, but auonung was far behind me, so far that i could even walk slowly. But i didn't want that, i wanted to have as much time to escape.

Just as i saw light coming from his house, i also heard talking. They were probably eating dinner, unlike me.

I didn't really want to bother the family so i took a listen to what they were saying...

"You are a warrior now and a warrior needs somebody to take care and love him as a husband, have you kind of had it in your mind to choose your woman soon?" I heard neytiri say.

My eyes widened, in disbelief.
The only answer i needed now is the answer of neteyam. So i stood frozen, still listening.

"Yes mother, i have a woman in mind, do not worry about it." He said.

I took a few steps backwards, with my hand on my mouth covering that it was open.
When all of the sudden auoung grabs my arm, "see. He has a other woman in mind, he didn't say it was you. Now come with me before i snitch you." Auonung said.

Maybe he was speaking the truth this time, i probably wasn't his woman. I couldn't handle responsibility, i couldn't cook right, i couldn't hunt right, i couldn't speak english right, i couldn't be his dream woman.

I gave up and walked with auonung to my home tent. Suprisenly with no tears.

"Here you have it mother.." i said and gave my mother the sea weed she needed, "thank you daughter." She answered and began cutting it up in small pieces.

"I will bet this years hunt festival will be the best i've had in thousand years!" My father said.
"You say that every year dad.." tsireya said and rolled her eyes.

She wasn't lying of course, i grabbed my top piece i was working on and continued working on it.

With still disbelief in my eyes.

(I wanted to thank Rh3in0_  for rating ALL my chapters!!! And i overall wanted to thank everyone for making it so far in my story, and trust me. The good stuff is in process!!)

Xxx author!