Chapter 1: Inside The Box

My name is Malia and I'm a 23 year old 5'1 girl with fair skin and bright green eyes as well as light brown shoulder blade length hair.

I live with my friend Nathan who is a year older than me standing at 5'9 with fair skin and black ear length hair as well as honey brown eyes, we've been friends since high school and grew very close and comfortable around each other.

On a warm summer morning I woke up in my bed laying on my left side facing my bedroom door wearing a pair of pink pajama shorts with a purple t-shirt.

Letting out a yawn I slowly sat up stretching my arms above my head before standing up and heading to my dresser to pick out my clothes for the day, a matching baby blue panty and bra set along with a black pleated mid thigh skirt and a white tank top.

Leaving my room I quickly realized I was home alone as I went to the kitchen to make some breakfast.

I don't remember Nate saying he had to work today..

I thought to myself curiously as I poured myself a glass of apple juice before making myself some waffles.

After finishing my breakfast I rinsed my dishes and went to the bathroom, after finishing up I went to the living room planning to watch T.V. as I didn't work today.

As I relaxed on the couch with my phone and the T.V. remote on the otherwise bare coffee table I watched a movie, as the day passed I started to get hungry prompting me to get up and head to the kitchen where I made myself a sandwich.

As I walked back I stopped beside the left side of the couch staring at the coffee table curiously.

Was that there the whole time?

I thought to myself curiously as I stared at a small cardboard box in the center of the coffee table, standing there for a moment I looked around to see if Nathan was home however I didn't see or hear anything.

Walking to the center of the couch I sat down staring at the box with confusion and intrigue as I ate my sandwich, after I finished eating I continued to stare at the box for a time before opening it out of curiosity.

Looking inside the box I stared with confusion and curiosity as the only thing inside was a brown leather dog collar with a blank silver circular tag attached to the silver ring on the front.

"A dog collar?..."

I muttered to myself curiously and confused as I set the box lid down on the coffee table before lifting the collar out in both hands looking at it.

"Why does he have this? And why leave it where I'm gonna find it?"

I quietly said to myself confused as I stared at it before a thought came to me.

"Does he want me to wear this?.."

I quietly said filled with confusion as I sat there trying to understand it as while we were close we'd never done anything to lead to this.

Sitting there I continued to stare at the collar curiously and confused as the silver buckle dangled off my left hand, with a shrug I turned the collar over raising it to my neck curious if it would actually fit.

Doing up the buckle I picked up my phone using it's camera to look at myself seeing the blank tag rest in the center of my chest just below my collarbone, before I could do anything I suddenly felt lightheaded and drowsy as my eyes started to close feeling my phone slip out of my hands.

"Malia! Wake up!"

I heard Nathan say in a panicked and concerned tone shaking my left shoulder as I slowly opened my eyes to see him kneeling in front of the couch with concern filling his face.

"What?"

I mumbled curiously as I looked at him.

"Why did you put that on?!"

He asked in a panicked tone causing me to stare confused at him wondering why he was freaking out until I yawned feeling an odd sensation on the top of my head like parts of it had moved, as this happened I froze bringing my left hand up to the top of my head where I felt something soft and warm sticking out from my head.

"What in the-"

I said in a worried tone as I started to sit up before seeing a light brown dog tail sticking out from under my skirt reaching the middle of my shins.

Lowering my left hand to it I watched as it twitched being able to feel it move like any other part of my body.

"Why the hell do I have a tail?!"

I said in a panic as I quickly stood up and ran to the bathroom hearing Nathan behind me, once in the bathroom I stared at myself in the mirror seeing two light brown dog ears sticking out from my head moving in response to both hearing him as well as angling back out of concern and panic.

As I stood there staring at myself I smacked my hands to the sides of my head however instead of ears all I felt was smooth skin.

"W-What the hell is happening?!"

I cried out in a panic before seeing small fang-like canines in my mouth that I knew were completely flat, with a racing heart I opened my mouth staring at the four small but prominent sharp canines feeling the tail slightly curl between my legs as I lowered my hands only to stare at them wide eyed seeing my nails had grown into claws.

"It's cursed, that's why I had it in that box!"

Nathan said in a panicked tone causing me to look up to my left at him and say:

"Then why the hell did you leave it in the middle of the coffee table?!"

In a horrified and panicked tone causing him to stare at me dumbfounded for a moment.

"The coffee table?...I put it in my closet."

He said in a dumbfounded tone causing me to stare at him even more horrified and worried knowing that the box had somehow moved from his closet to the coffee table, as my mind raced I slowly looked down to the floor between us only now seeing my toenails had also become claws.