TBP - Brance

Vampire! Vance x Bruce

Not a request but something that I really wanted to write!
__________________________

There was no way this was happening to Bruce.

He had a pet butterfly!!!

He was so excited when the butterfly chose him, landing on his shoulder while he walked to his favorite cafe.

He could hardly stop smiling. He knew he probably looked like an idiot but he didn't care.

He walked into the cafe he'd grown to love and sat in his usual booth.

He took out his laptop and notebook, searching for the best ways to care for butterflies. He hoped to take notes and become the best Butterfly Dad ever!

He let the butterfly sit on his shoulder while he researches the type of butterfly. It was a beautiful yellow color with black details and blue sections along the bottom of the wings.

Eventually, he finds the species.

Tiger Swallowtail.

"Mornin' Bruce!"

"Hey, Finn!"

Finn smiled, "How are you today?"

"I'm fine. I gained a new little buddy!" Bruce showed off his shoulder. The butterfly fluttered its wings.

Finney gasped while smiling, "It's beautiful! Where did you find it?"

"It just landed on my shoulder on my way here. I researched it and found out it's a Tiger Swallowtail."

"Is it a he or she?" Finn asked, sliding to sit next to him.

Bruce scooted over to give more room, "No clue, it's just an it for now."

"Can I?" he gestured to the butterfly. Bruce nodded and moved his shoulder closer.

Finney gently placed his finger near the butterfly and listened as Bruce went on about his classes.

The butterfly began climbing on Finn's finger and he was so excited until he felt the sharpest pain ever.

"Ow-" he immediately pulled his finger away and held it to his face.

"Omg, are you ok?" Bruce asked.

"Yea, I'm fine. I think it... bit me?" Finn said, looking at the small drop of blood appearing on his fingertip.

"Butterflies can bite?" Bruce asked, ripping a napkin and placing it on the finger.

"I guess so, look it up!" Finn thanked him for the napkin and was weirdly interested.

Bruce nodded and typed in the search.

They scrolled for a bit, looked for a trusted site, and clicked on a promising one.

Bruce read aloud, "Butterflies can not bite for they have no teeth, they don't even have a mouth. They use their tongues to drink the nectar from flowers and water from any puddles they find." Finn deflated.

"That's all it says? Nothing about some weird species? Or some old myth or something?" He asked.

Bruce shook his head, "It says they have an old relation to vampires though!" Finn sighed and shook his head as Bruce read through the article.

If anyone knew Bruce, they would know how much he loved myths, folklore, legends, and all that stuff. The fact that butterflies are said to have a relation to vampires only piqued his interest more.