HP - Drarry

Drarry my beloved!

Yes, I ship Harry x Draco, sue me.

DRACO CLIMBED A TREE TO GET HARRY'S ATTENTION!!!

Anyway, I'm writing these two.
______________________________

Harry never understood why Draco had thrown the wand to him at the end of the battle of 7th year.

And he would never understand why he felt the need to defend him and his mother from the higher council sending them to Azkaban with his father. He knew they had never done it by choice, he had heard Draco tell Dumbledore how he was chosen.

He found them similar in that sense. Draco was chosen to kill Dumbledore, Harry was chosen to kill Voldemort. Neither chose the life, but it wasn't something they could escape.

Maybe that's why he didn't want them going to Azkaban.

Maybe it's because he saw Draco's sullen expression in the court, eyes that held so much hatred when he looked at his father but so much more regret whenever he wasn't looking at his father.

Maybe it's because his mother, Narcissa, was softly crying the entire time, squeezing Draco's hand and covering her mouth with a handkerchief. She could hardly look at her husband for longer than a matter of seconds.

Or maybe it's because, for just a split second, he met eyes with Draco, and saw the fear they held.

Well, whatever the reason was, Draco was back at Hogwarts for their added 8th year, a year added for those students who had their 7th year interrupted with the battle. Something he didn't expect, was nearly ALL of Slytherin had returned, smiling brighter and laughing louder than they ever had before.

Harry and Hermione had spoken about their change in character. She suggested it was because they were no longer held under the Dark Lord and were free to be children, something they couldn't do before. Harry agreed, slightly happy for the Slytherin kids.
_________________

Harry walked down the corridors, Hermione on his left and Ron and his right.

They had just gotten out of potions. Harry felt it wasn't the same without Snape, but what could he do?

As they rounded a corner, Harry bumped into another student.

"Oh, sorry-" he slightly looked up to see Draco.

"No, I'm sorry. I wasn't paying attention." he said gently, tucking his longer hair behind his, before moving aside and walking off.

The trio watched in silence as he disappeared around another corner.

"That was weird, yea?" Ron asked.

Hermione and Harry shared a look of understanding and continued onto their dorms.

Ron followed closely behind.
___________________

Draco sat in the common room, reading yet another book his mother sent him.

She was on house arrest for the year, not because she did anything or because she was suspicious, no, of course not. It was because Harry suggested it was the best way to keep her protected from any Death Eaters who wanted to go after them.

Draco understood the concern, truly he did, but house arrest? She couldn't even enjoy her garden for five minutes before the tag on her ankle sounded off.

Although, Draco supposed he couldn't complain too much seeing as they were originally going to be sent to Azkaban had Harry not been there to suggest otherwise.