chapter 47: I didn't have time to run

*first person pov*

We all run headed towards the hall, wanting to see for ourselves the army of elves whichever elf that graced their absence here and answered our prayers to aid us in this war.

Our feet stopped at the head of the stairs. Aragorn stops as he sees the army of elves. Their amount would add tremendously well to the amount of soldiers that we already have now. They weren't ten thousand but it was better than 300.

Haldir stood at the bottom of the stairs, talking to a shocked and dismayed Theoden. He looks up and notices us up at the head of the stairs. He gives a small smile at us.

"We come to honour that allegiance."

We all make our way down the stairs to Haldir. Aragorn stood in front of us and gave a big smile to Haldir. 

"Mae govannen, Haldir." Aragorn welcomed him and Haldir starts to extend his hand in traditional elvish greeting, Aragorn starts to do the same but grabs Haldir and give him a crushing hug. A big grin spread on his face. (Welcome, Haldir)

Haldir stands frozen in place, not knowing what to do and also not accustomed to having human hugs before. He smiles and slightly pats Aragorn before lightly hugging him back.

"You are most welcome." Aragorn softly said after pulling away.

Legolas and I stepped forward to Haldir. Legolas puts a hand on Haldir's shoulders and starts to thank him. One of the soldier gazes to me for a split second before the rest of the army turn their direction to our way in a synchronized move.

"Daing Maeral." Haldir starts to put his palms together and above on his forehead whilst slightly bowing towards my way. The traditional way of greeting a Jaubia royal. Theoden whips his head towards me, now having a legitimate reason as to why I could plan the war so effortlessly now.

"you mock me Haldir, I'm a captain now. Just because I'm wearing this head dress doesn't mean I'm taking back my title." I lazily said to Haldir, pushing his hands down from doing that. I cleared my throat, hoping we could move back to the fact that they were here. "Anyways, I think for once i'm actually excited to see you Haldir." I smirked.

Haldir nodded at me with a small smile before turning to Theoden. "we are proud to fight alongside men once more."

                                                                 *~*~*

"You could have picked a better spot." Gimli grumbled. The war was about to start soon. The archers were lined up on the battlements. The soldiers were all posted on where they were supposed to be. The night was silent, only the sounds of the approaching uruk can be heard in front of Helm's deep.

Me and Legolas smirk at Gimli's difficulty to see what's going on and notice Aragorn approaching between us.

"Well lad, whatever luck you live by, let's hope it lasts the night." Gimli said, looking up at Aragorn.

The sound of thunder fills our ears, the blight flash of lightning filling up our sights.

Legolas's eyes widen. "Your friends are with you, Aragorn." he said. I nodded at that, that much was for certain.

"Let's hope they last the night." Gimli commented. Uncertainty in his voice. I gave him a sad smile.

Aragorn nods at Gimli and pats Legolas on the shoulder before moving on to the other soldiers. Legolas turned to me for a split second, gazing into me for a while. His gaze softened, a small frown on his face. Almost seeming like he was scared as he looks at me.

"It's too late to tell you to be with the women in the caves isn't it?" Legolas sighed. I gave a dry chuckle.

"nah, even if you told me to, I wasn't going to run away from where the action was." I gave him a sly smirk, a little comfort of familiarity before we plunge into bloodshed.