chapter 59: the kids aren't high yet at least

*first person pov*

When I woke up a pair of arms were around my waist. And mine around someone else's. 

My face was buried in the crook of a person's neck, his chest rose and fell with each breath he took. He smelled like leather, mints for some reason. With the faint smell of trees right after it rains and....a hint of lavender?

Oh fuck.

I fell asleep to Legolas by my side and I was cuddling him. Weirdly enough last night I fell asleep with no difficulty and with no bad dreams. Just me going back home to my crew safe and sound.

I pull back to confirm the elf that lay besides me. It was true. Shit.

Thankfully he was still asleep, comfortably too. I took a moment to study his sleeping face, he looked peaceful and safe it felt foreign to see him in such a state so away from his territory.

Usually when this happens due to a fling I'd take my clothes and leave, not bothering to spare a glance at the person I decided to sleep with that night. But now I find my hand slowly hover over his face, wanting to trace his features but afraid that it'll disrupt his peace.

I've never bothered to dissect what his smelled like whenever I hugged him or got really close to him, but honestly? If I had to describe how he smelled like with one word, I'd say spring.

I drop my hands to his chest, not really knowing where to put them when our bodies were tangled together like this. It felt like I was invading his privacy somehow, seeing him so vulnerable. I don't know why, but it wasn't like this was my first time sleeping next to him, I've done it was once before. But it didn't feel as intimate as this was.

Maybe because we were teens and I didn't have feeling for him at the time. I remember trying to get him with so many elleths. Even Tauriel.

I let out a shaking breath, the least I could do first was calm myself down before figuring out a way to get out.

I start to slowly lift his arms, then rolled away from his body and sat up. I covered my face with my hands.

Oh what am I gonna do? I can't afford to like him this way, I'm a pirate, I can't give him what he wants.

Legolas started to groan and his hands reached for me, only to find the empty space of a mattress. His eyes opens sleepily. I gave him a small smile, he's such a cute being.

Suddenly realizing where he was, his eyes open instantly and he sits up. He stares at me with wide eyes, his hair tousled and frizzy.

I had to resist giggling at his ridiculous state.

"um, good morning." Legolas chuckled, his morning voice deep and raspy.

"good morning to you too, slept well?" I climb back to the bed, crossing my feet and putting my hand through my hair. One thing I was grateful about short hair was that it wasn't messy in the morning.

"I did. I saw you sleeping well last night." Legolas said, red tints threatening to rise up his cheeks. 

I raise an eyebrow at him. Saw?

Seemingly realized what he just said with his words, he stammered with his new ones. "n-no believe me I don't mean it like that. It took me a while to sleep and during that time I noticed you slept comfortably."

"Ah...gotcha." I leaned forward a bit, giving him a smirk.

Legolas responded with an awkward bunched up smile and a silence settled between us. Legolas looks around the room and goes up to his feet.

"I'll be giving you some privacy to get ready and...such. Do you want to go to breakfast or would you rather want me to bring you anything?" Legolas offered.