Convulsions

It had been a hard day, not to mention, a completely knackering one that was absolutely ruined by cramps. Pills work. They work most of the time but they do not when your doctor has specifically asked you not to.

Eda mentally cursed her current therapist who advised her to stop taking painkillers as she was on another medication for the time being. Unlike her heart, her mind was not ready to give in to Serkan Bolat's magical powers and find excuses to stay in his bed for some sleep.

It was not practical anyways. Especially, when he left her for weeks and this time it was a total of 22 days. She fisted her hands in annoyance. It was getting hard- staying without him. But it was getting even harder to not miss him or his scent. Sex was not even in the equation sometimes because she was so smitten by his embrace sometimes that it scared her what did she get herself into.

Eda chided herself for being so reckless and fantasizing about Serkan Bolat once again in the middle of the day. He is the enemy. Don't you get it dickhead?

It wasn't until she cursed him and herself enough that her eyes stuck on the phone screen laying a few feet away from her.

It was him.

Finally.

Not to sound desperate, she allowed the phone to ring a couple of times and finally took the call.

"Hey. Are you home?" Serkan uttered at the other end of the call.

"Evet,"

"I am sending Ibo-"

"Don't." She interrupted him, biting her lip for not considering that she can't have sex with him in this state and that meant Serkan won't come over to show his face. Another week of drought she cursed.

"Neden."

"We can't. I mean I can't. I'm on my periods, it's my second day, and-"
She stopped for a moment reminding herself why was she giving out details on her period in the first place. Whether she was in pain or not, it did not matter to him and there was no need of being so open to this man who would be disgusted by periods as most men do. At least the ones she had met were.

"And?" He asked with a hint of curiosity and concern.

"And I think you should have extended your trip for more than a month because your mistress is clearly not available to tend to your needs for the next couple of days."

"If you are done being mad at me, let me know if you are really okay? Should we go to a doctor or something?"

No. No fucking No, she wasn't okay. She needed him more than ever but the words strangled on her tongue and she hated him enough to restrict their escape from her mouth.

"How about you worry about your health and not mine? And don't worry, I'll be fit enough to warm your bed, nothing is happening to me."
"You can't take the painkillers Eda." He told her with reproach, knowing too well she had to abstain from them.

"If Your Highness allows, May I just go to sleep? It's been a long day Serkan, I really need to rest." She replied as if telling him about her day was the most normal thing she did frequently. Serkan did not miss the desperation in her voice that clearly suggested that Eda needed to rest for sure.

"Tamam. Take care."

"Goodbye." Eda switched off the phone, feeling the urge to cry probably because of her hormones or maybe because she genuinely expected him to stay on the line and offer to come over.

So far, it shouldn't be hard for him to realize that she could only find some moments of sound sleep in his arms.

~~~~~~~