Chance

'You'll never let him go.'

'You love him.'

'You have forsaken your family for him.'
Those words, those horrible words rang in her ears like a pathetic joke. Eda stood in front of the mirror, defeated and lost. It wasn't hot but she was sweating. Most of all, she was scared. Scared of what had happened. Her aunt's attempt at knocking some sense into her mind backfired.

She was standing alone in the bathroom. Trembling with an unknown fear. Battling some foreign feelings, her conscience was petrified to put a name on them.

What has she gotten herself into?
All that planning, the self-control, the scheming reduced to nothing but a huge failure.

Did she fail? Did she fail her father, her sister?
'HAYIR' She screamed to her reflection smiling and mocking her. The smile told her what she didn't want to hear.

Eda Yildiz was in love.
She was in love with her enemy.
Eda tried to recognize the woman in the mirror. And she could not.

The woman staring back at her wasn't the one who hated Serkan Bolat. She wasn't the one who pledged to destroy his life. In fact, she was the one who had given everything to save his life. She prayed, and shed tears, begging God to save the man. And even now, until a few hours ago she was looking after him, planning to make his special day even more special. She had spent every single hour thinking about how would she prove that she was better than Selin.

She looked at herself in disgust as images of her deceased father and sister came right in front of her. The mirror showed her the truth she had forgotten about.

'Why' She screamed looking at herself in the mirror and slapping herself violently
WHY?' She continued to thrash her face, bellowing 'how could you do this?' The slaps stung her face but she didn't stop. One after another, both of her hands came in contact with her cheeks mechanically. Eda was least bothered with her disheveled state and red cheeks. All she wanted was to get rid of the fear lingering in every inch of her bone. The guilt was eating her up.
She recalled events of the past few months. Those steamy nights. The night when she found solace in his arms after her attempted rape. The night of his accident, the time in hospital when he asked her not to leave him. The moment he cried in her arms in pain, asking for his mother. Every single moment she had spent in his embrace, making love, caring for him reeled in front of her eyes like a painful memory.

It was too much to take and Eda realize that she was unable to fool herself with the facade of being with Serkan only for her revenge. This wasn't about revenge after all.

3 hours before

'What the hell is wrong with you. I told you not to make these appearances until I call you myself. You are going to get us into trouble.' Eda hissed at her aunt, who eyed her with contempt. She called her urgently to meet near the penthouse despite knowing that it was risky enough.

'Sakin ol. I don't think your lover's watchdogs will harm you. They trust you.'

'What is your problem?' Eda sensed the irony in her voice and crossed her arms challenging her to spill the truth.

'The problem is that you have forgotten your original plan. You have failed your whole family.' Eda flinched at the mere thought. Truth to be told, in the past 4 weeks since the accident, she hadn't given a single thought to any of them.

Serkan was the only one who hovered her thoughts. She was so scared for him that she didn't let anything else disturb them. Nothing mattered except for his security and health.
'If you are here to tell me to kill him, then I will repeat what I said in the hospital, this is not the right time. I am nowhere near finding proof of dad's innocence.'