𝐒𝐈𝐗

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐇𝐈𝐓 𝐂𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐀 𝐑𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐒𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐎𝐊𝐄 𝐔𝐏. This house was hers now. Well, technically it was half hers, considering all of her parents assets were left to both her and Seb. 

Which basically meant that Celia and Seb were the heirs to the entire Clairmont fortune. They were the new faces of the Clairmont legacy. 

The looming question of whether or not they wanted to sell the house was hanging over them. Sebastian had left the choice completely up to his sister, since they both knew that the money from the house wouldn't make them any richer. If she chose to sell, he would have a buyer lined up in seconds, but despite everything that's happened, Celia wasn't sure she was ready to part with the house. Alastor Clairmont's house had always been a safe haven, where she and her family could all come together, for even just one night. There were pieces of her in this house, pieces of her childhood that she wasn't sure she could part with. 

The doorframe upstairs was still littered with the heights of the grandchildren at different ages. If they sold the house, the new owners would paint over it, like it meant absolutely nothing to them. But then again, Celia wasn't sure if she'd ever be able to look past the trauma this house has caused her in the last week. If she kept the house, she'd never be able to step foot into the study without seeing the ghosts of her parents lifeless bodies. 

"Good morning." Celia glanced up at the man who'd become a permanent thorn in her side. Dr. Reid and his team of FBI profilers had still yet to find whoever it is that was threatening her family. She wanted to go back to New York, back to work, but she was stuck here. She could technically leave if she wanted to, since she wasn't considered a suspect in the murders, but Seb begged her not to leave. He wanted to keep her close so he knew she was safe. If she went back to New York, back to living alone, he'd have no way of knowing if she was okay- if she was still alive. So, Celia was staying, but only for her brother. She owed him that. 

FBI agents had been in and out of the house for the last couple of days, asking Celia and her family different questions. It was getting redundant at this point. Whoever was doing this must have been incredibly intelligent for the FBI to be running circles around them. The doctor and his friends had made themselves comfortable here, and they'd set up camp in the house whilst they worked on the case. Sometimes, his friend would leave, but one of them always stayed behind at the house. For protection.

"Do you mind if I ask you some questions?" Celia set down her coffee mug, and gestures to the seat in front of her at the table. She shut her laptop and gave the doctor a moment of time. Celia had resorted to calling him the doctor since she realized she didn't even know what his name was. He'd never told her, and she wasn't interested enough to ask. He wasn't here to be her friend, so there was no need for a first-name basis. 

"Sure thing, Dr. Reid. What do you want to talk about? The nice weather we're having?" When he didn't even crack a smile at her attempt to joke, she sighed. Fine, so much for having a good morning without the talk of murder. "What do you want to know?"

"Did you family have any enemies you can think of?"

Celia scoffed, "Anyone with power has enemies. My grandfather had competitors who hated him, but I don't think any of them would resort to murder, if that's what you're asking."

"Humour me," he replied. "Give me some names, and we'll look into them."

"Fine, but I'm telling you. You won't find anything." Celia wracked her brain for a moment, trying to remember the names she could think of, but only one came to mind. "The Rutherford family," she answered. "Rutherford's been rivals with granddad for as long as I can remember. They never liked each other."