𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐎𝐍𝐄

𝐎𝐍𝐂𝐄 𝐀𝐆𝐀𝐈𝐍, 𝐂𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐀 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃 𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐄𝐋𝐅 𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐅𝐀𝐂𝐄 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐒𝐓 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐀 𝐌𝐔𝐑𝐃𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐑. She opened her eyes, soon discovering that her hands and feet were bound behind her back, and in front of her stood an unlikely team of people that she never would have expected. Will Rutherford and Rebecca Larson. "I don't understand," Celia muttered, glancing between the two of them. 

"Allow me to introduce myself," Rebecca told her, crouching down so she was eye level with her. "You know me as Rebecca Larson, but he knows me as Rebecca Kinsley," she held out her left hand to where a ring was gleaming on her ring finger. "His fiancée." The pieces clicked all at once. When she'd spoken to William that day when he showed up at her house, he'd told her he had was engaged to a woman named Rebecca Kinsley. She had been planning this longer than Celia would have ever expected. "But once upon a time, my name was Mila Lancaster."

"You're-"

"Your cousin?" She finished, smirking at her as she toyed with a blade in her hand. "Surprise, cousin dearest."

"They said you were dead," Celia choked out, shaking her head. They had told her that Mila and her brother had died in a car accident after the passing of their mother. It was impossible for them to have lived. 

"Mila Lancaster is dead," she replied. "She died in a car accident alongside her twin brother. I went into that hospital as Mila, and left as Rebecca Kinsley." Celia couldn't say anything else, and Rebecca took it as her opportunity to continue. "My brother wasn't lucky enough to walk out of there. He died in that car accident, the very one that was planned by none other than Alastor Clairmont."

"You're lying!" Celia exclaimed, wiggling in her chair. She was trying to get in her head, and Celia refused to let it work. Her grandfather might not have been a great person, but Celia refused to believe that on top of all of that, he could be a murderer too. Rebecca's expression grew dark and she shook her head. "Why would I lie?" She questioned, and Celia faltered for a minute. "Because you want to get into my head, and it's not working."

"I'm already in your head, Cecilia," she told her, leaning in closely to whisper in her ear. "Aren't I?" Celia shook her head rapidly, refusing to let her try and manipulate her. She was a murderer who tried to kill her, and she refused to believe a word that came out of her mouth. "Alastor Clairmont needed to get rid of the two people who knew about his secret," she told her. "I reached out to our dear grandfather the second time that my mother had gotten sick. The doctor's said that if she couldn't afford her procedure, that she was going to die. Liam and I were already working our asses off at minimum wage jobs, and we didn't have nearly enough money to pay for even a quarter of it. My mother, she begged me not to go to him, but I didn't listen. You can guess what he told me when I showed up there." Celia was frozen in place, unable to say anything or move. She wanted to fight, to find a way out of this mess, but she also found herself unable to drown out her words. She wanted to know the truth. "And then my mother died."

"I didn't know about Margaret-" Celia cried, but Rebecca silenced her when she slapped her so hard across the face that Celia's head turned completely to the side. 

"Don't say her name," Rebecca hissed. "She died because of your family! The only one who cared about her was your aunt, and that's it. When she died, I was furious with him. I showed up again and I told him that I was going to tell the world about the kind of man I knew he was. But he couldn't have that, right?" She scoffed, pushing up off the ground as she began to pace back and forth in the unfamiliar room. "He sent that car after Liam and I because he knew that I was going to expose the kind of man he really was. Once we were gone, there was no one out there with leverage on him."