𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

𝐂𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐀 𝐂𝐋𝐀𝐈𝐑𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐈𝐍 𝐇𝐄𝐑 favourite bagel spot in New York when she heard the sound of someone calling her name.

"Celia?" Instinctively, she spun around to find the voice, and found herself smiling when she saw none other than Spencer Reid, in the flesh. She hadn't seen him in four months, not since she'd visited Quantico last, and not since the two of them ended up getting breakfast together. They talked on the phone a lot, though, and Celia wasn't even entirely sure how it had started in the first place. Sometimes he'd call her and ask about her day, and sometimes she'd call him to ask if he was working on the cases she'd been seeing on the news. Neither of them was particularly fond of texting, so they'd always ended up having phone discussions, ones that sometimes went for hours on end. Celia had never expected anything good to come out from her horrible circumstances, but she had gotten a friend because of it.

"Spencer!" She beamed, crossing the room to greet him. She threw her arms around her neck and laughed loudly. "What are you doing here?" He chuckled and rubbed the side of his neck, "I figured I should try one of those New York City bagels you're always raving about."

"You came to New York for bagels?" She questioned with a raised eyebrow.

"No, I'm here on a case," he explained. "The bagels just happen to be a bonus."

"Not the girl?" She feigned a pout, glancing up at him. "Here I was thinking you came here for me."

"Seeing you here is definitely a bonus, Cece."

"You're just saying that because you think you have to." He rolled his eyes, used to Celia's melodramatic tendencies at this point. Most of the things that came out of her mouth were intended to either tease him or make him blush. "You're in my city and you didn't think to call?"

"I was planning on it," he admitted with a grin. He'd gotten more comfortable in the four months they'd spent getting to know each other. Spencer was no longer an enigma to her, and Celia was afraid to admit just how important he was becoming to her. "When my case was over," he added. Celia's personal life had been a train wreck, to put it nicely, but her friendship with Spencer was the one thing she found kept her sort of grounded. Sometimes she felt like Spencer knew her better than anyone else did. Sometimes, when she would be having a terrible day at work, her office phone would ring and he'd be on the other line, like he just knew she needed someone to talk to.

"Did you catch the guy?"

"We did catch her," Spencer corrected. "We're staying behind for a few more hours because Hotch wants to try and get a confession out of her so the case is ironclad. There's also the matter of the press and official statements, but I didn't have much to do down at the station."

"I was just about to head to work or I would have offered to show you around," she sighed. Then, Celia looked up at him for a moment and pondered. "Unless you wanna... come?" She questioned, her tone hesitant.

"To work with you?" Celia tensed slightly. He probably thought she was stupid, or that her job was mundane in comparison to what he did. If he did think that, he'd probably be right. He wouldn't have had much to do with her anyway. "Forget it, it was a stupid idea," she muttered whilst shaking her head. "I'll come," he told her, forcing Celia to snap her head up to glance at him. "You gonna give me the grand tour?"

"You bet," she winked, leading him down the sidewalk toward the office building she used as her base. Celia spent most of her time here than she did at the retail store, but that was only because Celia had more administrative roles within her company. When she entered the building, Celia automatically commanded the respect of every single person inside. They all adored her, and it was blatantly obvious. The security guard greeted her, and Spencer just wordlessly trailed behind her as she bulldozed her way through everyone. The two of them entered the elevator and pressed the button for the very top floor, and Celia couldn't help but notice the way Spencer's posture went rigid.