𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

"𝐀𝐁𝐒𝐎𝐋𝐔𝐓𝐄𝐋𝐘 𝐍𝐎𝐓," 𝐇𝐎𝐓𝐂𝐇 𝐃𝐄𝐂𝐋𝐀𝐑𝐄𝐃. Standing in front of her, Aaron Hotchner wore his best stern face. Celia resisted the urge to take a step back and step down, but she refused. The note implied that her Aunt Isabelle knew something that she didn't, something that could give her any kind of information as to why Celia was being targeted again. Unless that it was another scare tactic, then she could possibly get the answers she was searching for.

"This is the first real lead you've gotten since you landed," Celia pointed out. She wasn't going to take no for an answer. If Aaron Hotchner was going to make her stay behind, then Celia would find her own way to get there. She needed to see it for herself.

"And I plan to see it through. But you are to go nowhere near it."

"I'm not staying behind," she crossed her arms in defiance. Aaron wasn't even her boss, but Celia had to admit that she was a little bit scared of him. She has to remind herself that it wasn't as if he could fire her, because Celia didn't even work for him. However, that didn't make him any less intimidating. And Nate says that I'm the one with the resting bitch face. Aaron Hotchner had her beat in that department, because he'd managed to make some of the New York detectives shit their pants with just a simple look.

The two were now in a stalemate, with Spencer glancing between them, unsure of which side to take. His boss and his... friend were in the middle of some sort of staring competition, neither one of them refusing to back down. Celia wanted to talk to her aunt, and he was the only person keeping her from speaking to Isabelle. She wanted answers, and she needed to hear them for herself so people would stop walking on egg shells around her. "You're not going anywhere near her, Celia," Aaron declared, and Celia swore that there was a protective sort of glint in his eyes. "You can observe, and that's it."

Celia pondered his offer for a moment. It was better than being left behind and out of the loop. "Fine," she replied. She had managed to get him to compromise, which seemed like a fairly big deal since Aaron Hotchner didn't seem to be the most compliant person, and that was coming from someone who was one of the most stubborn hard-headed people, ever. "Are we going now?"

"Morgan's already in the car," he informed them. Spencer let his hand hover over the small of her back as he lead her out of the police precinct and toward the black SUV parked in front, with Morgan sitting in the driver's seat. His window was rolled down completely, his left arm hanging outside as he slid a pair of black shades on his face. His mouth quirked upwards when he noticed Celia walking over with them, and shook his head. "How'd you manage to wear him down, Cece?"

"My charming personality was all the convincing he needed," she stated triumphantly, and Morgan snickered, unlocking the door so they could all climb inside. "That and the fact that Celia can't take no for an answer," Spencer added. Morgan glanced at the two in the backseat from the rear view window, "Yeah, that sounds like our Cece all right."

"I'm going to choose to take that as a compliment," Celia tilted her head up in the air and turned to look out the window, watching the city buildings slowly disappear as they entered a more rural area where the prison Isabelle Clairmont was in. The closer they got, the more nervous that Celia became. She couldn't get her leg to shaking no matter how hard she tried, and her fingers were nervously tapping against the leather seat. She hadn't seen her aunt in four months, and a lot could change in that time. Would she look the same as she did before? Was she learning from her mistakes? Celia hoped that for Nathan's sake that Isabelle Clairmont would somehow miraculously become a better person to be there for her son, but Celia knew that was just wishful thinking. Her and Seb were the only family that Nate had left at this point. She felt the gentle brush of a hand over hers, and glanced over to see Spencer with his eyes glued to the front of the car, but his hand was directly beside hers and slowly moving closer. She watched as he ran his pinkie over the top of her hand in an attempt to calm her down, and for a moment, her hand stopped tapping for a moment, and yet he didn't pull away. Celia wasn't sure if he was aware of what he was doing, or if he was caressing her hand without even realizing it. She suspected it was the former, since Spencer Reid's actions were almost always intentional. Celia glanced over the window and turned her hand upward so that her palm was facing the roof of the car, and she felt his index finger absently tracing the lines on her hand.