Hark

Their footsteps echoed through the stairs as they ran to Isabela's room.

"Don't slip" Elena chuckled, their clothes wet and heavy.

Isabela laughed quietly watching as Elena used her wet shoes to slide through the hall and into the room only crashing once into a potted plant.
"Sorry plant!" Elena placed it back in its place with ease.

"I'll be back in a minute" Isabela grinned "Try not to crash into the cacti"

"I won't...Because I can't cuddle you if I'm covered in spines" Elena smiled with a shy wink

Leaving Isabela flustered until she finally managed to walk away to the bathroom to grab some fresh towels

On her lightheaded way there a sudden quiet voice startled her almost making her trip on her own feet "Um Isa?"

"Mirabel!" Isabela's wide eyes quickly changed to a full glare "What are you doing up at this hour?"

"I could ask you the same thing" She smiled coyly.

"I uh went for a walk" Isabela started sheepishly "I couldn't sleep so..."

"For a walk...Under the rain?" Mirabel eyed her soaked clothes suspiciously

"Yeah, it's quite refreshing actually"

"Uh huh"

"Yeah"

"And you went alone?"

"Um" Isabela couldn't stop the wide smile taking over almost half of her face "Well...No" She bit her lip as a crimson blush crept up her cheeks

Mirabel squealed delighted at the implication and Isabela immediately hushed her "You're going to wake up the whole house!"

"So let me get this right...You went out for a walk under the rain with a certain miss?" Mirabel grinned playfully "That's a bit romantic if you ask me" She teased unknowingly "Have you read about kissing under the rain?"

Isabela's face flushed impossibly more and an involuntary giggle made its way out, Mirabel had never seen Isabela look so giddy and overjoyed.

"Oh! Hold up..." Mirabel took her hands in her own "Did something happen between the two of you?!"

Isabela dragged her inside the bathroom and cautiously closed the door behind them before nodding "Mira...I'm over the moon" She whispered her own joyful voice betraying her

Mirabel squealed again but this time Isabela just chuckled "Ah! Isa...That's so exciting!"

Isabela felt immoderately happy and she wanted to tell her sister about it...Even if it was too soon.

"Did you two like held hands?" Oh sweet Mirabel

"Ah uh we sort of...Kissed" Isabela closed her eyes, the memory sparking something inside of her.

"Isa!" Mirabel covered her mouth bouncing around excitedly  

"And um also she's now uh my...Girlfriend"

Mirabel's entire face lit up with joy "What?" She brought a hand to her heart "Hermanita you did it! Oh god I think I'm going to cry" Mirabel sniffed a few tears away and proudly hugged her after taking a minute to fully soak it in.

"Mirabel...It all happened at once! I can't really believe that she likes me too" Isabela smiled and paused to lean against the wall
"Let alone that she wants to date me. I don't know what came over me yet I felt a strong impulse to ask her to be my girlfriend...But well I know nothing about dating!"
She slowly frowned troubled "What if I can't make her happy?" Once again her thoughts consumed her.