Apex

𝕋𝕨𝕠 𝕨𝕖𝕖𝕜𝕤 𝕝𝕒𝕥𝕖𝕣

Isabela's hands trembled as the pen came in contact with the paper. Her heart was in her throat as she wrote a goodbye.

"Mamá, papá. I hate to leave things like this, to inform you of my departure with a piece of paper...but I've never been good at goodbyes and I can't bare to face you with my own heavy heart. Do you remember how you two taught me the importance of being your own person? To chase our dreams? I haven't always been brave enough to do so, I was afraid to follow what my heart wanted. I was scared of losing you in the process...but you have loved me instead. Every day I thank the stars for my family, and it has been more than difficult to think about leaving home. I've never been away from Encanto, and I've never been away from you. But I'm following my heart and that's a good thing, right? Growing up I hoped to one day find a love so strong like yours and...I finally found it. I didn't think my life would go like this, to find someone who feels like I do-"

Isabela paused feeling tears prickling at the corner of her eyes.

Elena was sitting on the bed watching Isabela write in her bedroom's little table.

"Baby we don't have to go if you don't want to,  I know I'm asking for a lot. It's going to be complicated but we can stay here in Encanto and hide from LDM-"

Isabela hastily wiped her face "No. I want to go with you" her voice was gentle yet it had a clear tone of decisiveness "Elena I've never been more sure of anything in my life as much as I am with this decision...it's  hard to leave my family but nothing is going to change my mind about being with you"

"I don't want you to regret anything" Elena frowned "What if after some time you start to resent me for making you leave your life behind?"

"I'm not leaving my life behind" Isabela stood to join her at the bed and after an instant held her hand gently "I'm starting a new story with you"

"What if I can't offer anything good?" Elena sighed "I want you to be happy, what if I can't make you happy?"

"My love where is this coming from?"

"I'm...afraid of not being enough for you" Elena slowly met her eyes "I'm asking you to run away with me...but I can't possibly make it worth it"

"Elena" Isabela softly caressed her cheek "You are worth it. Everything is worth it by your side, mi amor don't ever doubt it"

Elena closed her eyes for a moment before leaning into Isabela's shoulder

"Now I believe we have a few things to plan" Isabela wrapped her arms around her trying to cheer her up a little "Do you want our kids to play by the beach or build snowmen in winter?"

Elena shook her head at Isabela's playfulness and chuckled softly "You really are sure about this move?"

Isabela looked down at her and smiled "I am, I want to be with you without having to worry about LDM. Maybe their powers will exterminate them at the end but I don't want to stay and risk losing you again"

"I don't want to lose you either. Izzy they're threatening you and I will do anything to keep you safe" Elena wiped her tears before reaching up to meet her lips and Isabela welcomed her eagerly.

                                               °