Structure

Isabela didn't care if Elena's parents caught her trying to sneak in through a window, her mind was set on getting to her girlfriend as soon as possible.

Her knuckles turned white as she gripped the window's wooden frame.

Damn rain that made everything so slippery. The vines were keeping her legs steady but her fingers gave away after another pull.

"Mierda" She hissed under her breath, her efforts proved to be of no use.

Yet Isabela wasn't going to stop. She was going to get to Elena one way or another.

She pulled again, this time using her vines as a second pair of hands.

And the window still wouldn't budge...

"Damn it!" Isabela wiped the water off her hands to get a better grip.

But the sudden opening of the window made her tumble back almost making her lose her footing.

"What are you doing?" Elena's confused face appeared after a few seconds staring down at her.

"Wha-"

"Love...you can just knock or throw a rock at my window" Elena frowned at Isabela's ragged state.

"Y-You are okay..." Isabela gaped at Elena "He...
He lied"

"Huh? Come inside" Elena hastily opened the rest of the window and reached out to pull Isabela in.

And as soon as her feet touched the ground she threw herself into Elena's arms, her shaking body easing as her hand hovered over her chest and found Elena's steady heartbeat.

Isabela breathed in her comforting scent as she held her close.

"Princess what's going on?" Elena squeezed her waist softly not wanting to pull away.

"You are okay" Isabela repeated, her voice barely above a whisper "Right?"

"Mi amor " Elena spoke softly "I'm okay. We were together just a few moments ago...what's wrong?"

Isabela buried her head into the crook of Elena's neck, afraid to let her go.

Elena's body tensed up against her "D-Did something happen to you?"

Isabela sighed remorseful  "Were they here?"

"Who?"

"LDM?"

"No...why?" Elena backed away just enough to look into her eyes

"He said that he...that he had done something to you" Isabela's voice wavered "I thought-"

"Hey it's okay, I'm okay" Elena pulled her back into her close embrace "Did they leave another letter?"

Isabela shook her head "I k-know who they are"

"What?" Elena's eyes widened "How?"

"When I left...on my way home they stopped me" Isabela let out a shaky breath "I don't know how I didn't realize it sooner, I let them be close to us"

Before Elena could say anything Isabela continued to explain "Elena, LDM finally took the mask off. He needs me to know who he is for his plan"

"Who is the monster?" Elena's eyes looked tired, she hadn't been able to sleep properly for the past few days. She wanted all the madness to stop.