Restoration (Age:13)

"It's not fair!" Mipha sighed "How come you're growing up faster than I am?" The Zora Princess's complaints made Link's lips curve up into a smile "I'm Hylian, Mipha." he explained, patiently.

Indeed Link was beginning to look a lot like a man. His cheeks had lost their youthful curve and the glimmer in his eyes was replaced by insight. He'd grown taller than Mipha, and he'd began to grow out his hair into a handsome ponytail. His skin and bones frame had developed a bit of muscle, just enough to be lean.

"Yes, but I'm a year older than you." she stretched. Link and Mipha were at the top of shatterback point, their legs dangling from the huge fall. Link grinned "And yet, I'm still stronger than you!"

"But I'm faster!"

"I'm taller!"

"I can swim faster!"

"I have better swordsmanship!"

"I'm a better healer!"

"I'm more handsome!"

Mipha stopped for a moment, and to Link's surprise, she said "Yes, you are." seeing Link's flustered expression, Mipha quickly explained herself "But you are! And It's true! I'm sorry if that made you feel uncomfortable." she inwardly punched herself.

Link looked away "And you're prettier." Mipha's worried expression melted into a grin "You know, you're special." Link looked back, with a start "Special?" He echoed, scratching the back of his head.

The cool wind blew Mipha's shawl back and mussed up Link's golden hair. The leaved gently shook in a quiet melody. Mipha hesitated, folding her arms in her lap "You'll think I've gone crazy..." she whispered. Link shook his head "I'm listening," he gazed at her intently.

"I've been having this weird dream... About a great darkness to come. I saw the domain, flooded in churning waters and then I saw Hyrule castle surrounded in this weird smoke." she started, choosing her words carefully, Link motioned for her to continue. Mipha fidgeted "And then I saw you... but you looked older. And then I heard this great big yell and then the waters stopped flooding."

Link didn't know quite what to make of this, he saw Mipha's eyes turn sad "And then... And then- I saw myself die-"

Mipha didn't get to finish because Link had put his gloved hands around on hers. Mipha struggled not to cry, looking away in shame. Link turned her face to his with his hand on her cheek. Link said firmly, an unreadable emotion in his eyes "Stop. No. It's not going to happen." Mipha protested "But-" "I'm not going to let it happen." he concluded, interrupting her.

"Hey, Link?"

"hmm?"

"Do you promise we'll be together forever? That we'll still be close when we are old?"

"I promise. We will live together and die together. You're my best friend, Mipha."

"And..." Mipha hesitated "Do you promise not to hide anything? If something was wrong, you'd tell me right?- you won't stop speaking to me, right?"

"I promise! Mipha- where's all of this coming from?"

"I'm sorry. It's just that... I can't help but feel like something bad is about to happen."

"I promise."

Little did Link know that he wouldn't be able to keep a single promise that was made that day...

If only...