Priorities (Age: 13)

Link gasped for air, coughing violently. He breathed the air in as if he hadn't for centuries, he struggled to open his eyes as pain took over his senses. His arms and legs were numb and his ribs were throbbing with pain. He smelled iron, no blood. And his mouth tasted of the sticky crimson substance.

He clenched his fists and opened his eyes at last, he saw Zelda looking down at him, her eyes wide in surprise. As soon as he opened his eyes, the princess yelped in surprise and took a step back, almost tripping over her gown. She took a deep breath, composing herself, and pucked up the courage to speak to him.

"You're awake." she stated "You've been in bed for a day, the nurse thought you wouldn't make it. But luckily Mipha was here and she healed you. You're probably still in a lot of pain, but Mipha healed the worst of it. You were hit in the ribs by a moblin. You probably fractured a few bones." she stated bluntly.

Link ignored all the information and asked "Mipha... was here?" his voice came out raspy and dry. It was then that he took in his surroundings.

He was lying in his back, a soft duvet cushioning him and the ceiling was made of fancy mahogany wood, a chandelier decorated with crystals hanging above him. Link then glanced at the princess, he admitted that she was beautifully dressed in a blue full-sleeved gown with golden accents and her face had a stern expression.

Zelda spoke, looking annoyed "Yes, we had a meeting with the Zora royalty, but aren't you concerned at all? The nurse said you had to remain bed ridden for a few days. Thank goodness that princess Mipha found you on the banks of Hylia river." her lips were pursed as she stood, looking down at him.

Link felt numb, all his pain was blended together, he couldn't think straight. The last time he felt this much pain was when Medilia died-... he drew in a sharp breath as a spasm of pain wracked his abdomen, he forced his eyes to stay open despite the tears forming. Link struggled to sit up, cursing himself for being so weak and stupid. 

Zelda clicked her tongue "You are in no condition to move at all. Aren't you the least bit concerned about your state?" she asked in disbelief, furrowing her brows. Link sighed, falling back on the bed "Aryll..." he said softly "she's in danger." he whispered.

"I'm sure there's something we can do for you, if I ask father he can-" 

"The silent princess." Link interrupts her, and Zelda cuts short, casting her eyes down. Link smiled wryly despite the pain "Why-... why are you here?" Link asked suddenly.

"Pardon?" 

"You barely know me. Why are you here?"

"Well you're injured and well-"

"Be honest." Link pressed.

Zelda hesitated before saying "I can't help but feel like, this is going to sound stupid but- I feel like we've met before... I feel like I've done this before." she said lowly, unable to meet Link's eyes "See? I told you it sounds stupid-!" Link cut her off, his expression void of emotions. 

"I feel it too."