Chapter 4

Eight months have passed since Mei completed Canopy's chassis change, and there were only two months until UA's entrance exams started. Ever since Nezu's interview, advertisements for Titans have gone up everywhere. They were used to bring people to UA to observe demonstrations of their prowess, and to observe their destructive power in a safe environment. Now of course, with the creation of new war machines, the Government and Hero Public Safety Commission created a way to detect Titans that were in the hands of people who should not own one, which was everyone since they hadn't been approved for public sales yet. They didn't know if anyone owned a titan, but they wanted to be sure and had drones flying and observing the entirety of Japan, searching for a particular type of radiation that they emitted from their cores. The drones have been detecting the titans inside UA and a random signal in the mountains occasionally. It was difficult to track the radiation due to the foliage and other forest elements messing with the drones. Canopy didn't have this problem because he worked due to solar power alone, the solar panels hidden between his rubble shell allowing him to charge the same way as Wall-E does. Speaking of Canopy and Wall-E...

With Canopy and Wall-E, near the back of the junkyard...

Wall-E was sitting in front of Canopy's eye, underneath the rubble dome, and cleaning his eye using Windex and a rag, making it nice and shiny.

Canopy: You have my gratitude Wall-E.

Wall-E nodded and rolled out of the dome, passing Mei who ducked underneath and had her upper body enter the crown.

Hatsume: Canopy, do you need anything? I'm heading to an auto shop in town, I need some parts.

Canopy: I do not require anything, Hatsume.

Mei nodded and reached behind her before setting a radio before Canopy.

Hatsume: I modified the radio and hooked it up to my phone. If I need your help I'll call you, ok?

Canopy: Understood. Hopefully, it is not needed.

Hatsume: I hope it is.

Mei giggled and quickly got out of the dome and jogged over to Freddy's little shack, kissing his cheek when she entered.

Hatsume: Hey, babe. Can you drive me into town? I need a few parts for another one of my babies.

Freddy: One of your babies? What is it going to be this time? It won't blow up, will it?

Hatsume: it's a surprise and won't blow up. Besides, I haven't blown up any of my babies in months!

Mei exclaimed proudly, putting her hands on her hips while Freddy stared at her with a blank expression before turning around and pointing to a custom sign he made that read "Days without explosions: 2. Last explosion: 4 days ago, baby #946." Mei noticed where Freddy was looking and blushed.

Hatsume: Maybe I shouldn't have crossed the red and green wires...

She tapped her fingers together and looked away. Freddy sighed and picked up his truck keys.

Freddy: Let's go.

Mei smiled and quickly joined Freddy as he stepped out of the shop, getting into his little pickup truck to head into town.