21.

STEPHANIE

My day shift had just ended which meant I had a little less than sixteen hours in a row to a twenty-four-hour shift, and I plan to get a good rest for him. I texted Leo informing him I was going out because he was already waiting for me in front of the hospital.

“Dr. Bennet!” I heard the voice of my mentor behind me.

I can't say that William's and my relationship at work hasn't changed, because it has. He paid me much more attention than other university students and sincerely tried to teach me as much as possible, but at least he tried not to address me by name in front of others and to remain professional.

"Dr. Limberg, good afternoon," I greeted him, because I knew he was working the second shift today.

"How was your shift?" He asked me.

"Okay, there were no critical patients. The report is on your desk."

"Stephanie, I have a question and I'd like it to stay between us..."

"Of course, Dr. Limberg, what is it about?"

I could not call him by name, regardless of his age, because he was my mentor all year and he will stay that way until the end of his specialization. The fact that I knew him as a child was practically irrelevant to me, because I didn't remember him best.

"What's going on between Keringen and Nicole, are they friends?"

Why would he be interested in this?

I think to ask him something about this, but then I remember that I am late again and that Leo is waiting for me again and more than necessary.

"Dr. Limberg, Max is my boyfriend's best friend, which is why he met Nicole, but the two of them are acquaintances who only know each other by sight."

"I have one request, I would like to surprise Nicole and I was wondering if you could give me the keys to your apartment?"

"Here, let me just let you know that we have a little Labrador in the apartment and I'm not sure how much he loves strangers..."

"Great, thank you Stephanie, I'll handle it. I think the boy is expecting you ..."

I noticed that his gaze wandered in the opposite direction and there I saw a frowning Leo. I knew he didn't like William, but still he had to respect the fact that he was my superior.

"You're free, I'll see you on duty tomorrow," he smiled at me and headed for the locker room, and I went to Leo.

He kissed me on the flash, and I did not object, for I missed him, and all my colleagues knew about our relationship anyway, so I didn't try to hide anything more.

“What did Limberg want this time?” He asked me in jealousy.

"He just asked me a question about the shift, why are you maybe jealous?" I laughed.

"Since when do trainees get young mentors?" He asked me the same question many times, "Besides, I already told you that I don't like that man at all..."

“Do you want to spend my free time thinking about him or do you want us to be together?” I asked him and climbed on my toes to kiss him once more.

My action made him smile, and I felt low next to him again.

"What kind of question is that?", He kissed me back, "He is completely irrelevant to me..."

"Could you reserve the Astra for the next two days, since I'm working?" I asked him when we got in the car, because I wanted to change the subject.