5.

STEPHANIE

I stand in front of my sister and humbly nod my head at her every criticism. I certainly won't survive the days that follow, but even at this point I'm figuring out a way to ignore her orders.

"A cab is waiting for you in front of the polyclinic. I have to clean up and solve the problem you created," she looked at me sullenly and sighed.

"We'll have a long conversation about this at home."

"But..."Leo tried to say something, but I immediately stepped on his foot, letting him know to stay quiet. Another drop was needed to cross the line of Nicole's patience, after which she would personally drag me to our apartment; and that would disrupt all of my plans.

She angrily walked away from us in the direction of her office. I don't remember ever annoying her like this, but just one look at Leo's bandaged cheek and the bruise under his eye was enough to make me feel a rush of guilt. If I hadn't approached him, he would probably still be drinking his alcoholic drinks and sitting unscathed in that club.

"Looks like this is goodbye for tonight..." He addressed me with a slight smile.

"Don't talk nonsense, I'm taking care of you tonight," I winked at him and led him to the exit.

"Can you go to the passenger seat on your own?" I asked him quietly, glancing at the numerous security guards his friend had brought.

Maximillian ordered them to escort him to the car and not to lose sight of him, because he, like Nicole, was both angry and worried about the situation we found ourselves in.

"You don't think to..."

"Unless one of those huge mens catches me, yes, I plan to run away," I interrupted him and elicited a smile from him.

"Miss Bennett forgot the bag in my car, wait for me here," he addressed the security members dominantly.

"Mr Leo, Mr Maximilian was clear enough..." one of them stepped forward, but Leo immediately thundered at him.

"Do you really think I'm going somewhere with this?" He pointed angrily at his bandaged face.

"Okay, but please be quick," the guard relented, visibly frightened by Leo.

While he was arguing with them, I unnoticedly took off my heels, making sure that none of them saw me. It would be foolish to believe that I would have any chance against them.

Leo moved slowly, and I followed him closely. How is it possible that even beaten like this, he looks more beautiful and attractive than any man I have ever met?

"Are you sure about this?" He addressed me quietly, unlocking his car.

"If I spend a few more minutes here, chances are I'll change my mind," I told him honestly, and he laughed at this.

I should have obeyed Nicole and gone to our apartment, but I could not bear the guilt that would haunt me for it. I had to personally make sure that he would be fine, because I would not tolerate anything else happening to him because of me. I didn't dare to risk any complication, because I got to know him well enough to know that he wouldn't go to the hospital.

He tossed me the car keys and before I went inside and I noticed a wide smile on his face. I quietly prayed that this would work for us, and then I started the car and stepped on the gas pedal. In the rearview mirror, I could see the security running after us, but they didn't stand a chance.