10.

STEPHANIE

I look at the perfect man in front of me while my mind and heart are at war in me. I wanted to have him by my side and I was ready to forgive him everything, but that would trample on the pride and promise I gave myself again.

"You have ten minutes for your explanation. If I don't consider it adequate, I leave and after that you stop talking to me," I crossed my arms over my chest, waiting for it to begin.

I blamed myself for many things in life, but most of all for always giving everyone a second chance, even though in the end I would end up hurt in most cases. Nicole always managed to do that, she cut off all contact with anyone who would let her down. I should have learned that from her, but I am that stupid optimist who sees only the best in people.

"I'm so sorry about that..."

"Nine minutes, Anders, my time is precious."

"Can we at least go to a more private place?" He looked at me pleadingly, "I believe that neither of us wants to end up on the cover of a magazine again..."

"I'm not going anywhere with you, when I survived then to be the main topic among the whole hospital, I will survive it now," I gave him another angry look.

"Remember what you said," he winked at me and slyly smiled at me.

"Seven minutes, Anders."

"Then I'll have more than enough time."

He approached and wrapped his arms around my back, and before I could even react, he pressed his lips to mine. Every moment deepening our kiss. I should have pushed him away, but every part of me longed for him and his lips. I caught myself running my hand through his soft hair, and he hugged me tightly, not allowing me to move a single millimeter away from him.

I didn't pay any attention to our environment and potential journalists, because I was too lost in the moment. I felt electricity and sparks between us and I realized that I would still listen to all his reasons. When I moved away from him I felt as if my heart would jump out of my chest as the smell of his perfume and the sight of his deep eyes intoxicated me.

My anger towards him seemed to evaporate because I looked at him with the same infatuation as that night we spent together. A smile lit up my face, and he smiled warmly at me.

Let me be deceived, but I believe that he is worth another mistake.

"I believe this was more than a good reason to come with me. You deserve an explanation for my disappearance," he winked, taking my hand and leading me to his car.

"I don't want to go with you," I tore my hand from his grip.

"Please, Stephanie, I'm only asking you for one conversation. If after that you want me to disappear from your life, I'll do it."

During the ride, we had casual conversations about random topics, thus avoiding the real problem we had. He drove into the garage of a luxury skyscraper, stopping him at the very entrance, and two workers immediately ran to greet him.

"Good afternoon, miss," one of them opened the door for me.

"Thank you," I thanked him quietly.

"You're welcome, miss. Do you need anything?"

"No, but thank you."

I felt uncomfortable about this, because I never wanted to be the center of attention, but with Leo it seemed to be taken for granted. He handed the keys to another worker, quietly explaining something to him, to which he only nodded, and then he approached me and possessively hugged me around the waist, but I removed his arm. He looked at me in surprise, but said nothing. I couldn't let him think I'd just forgive him.