22.

NICOLE

"And that's all for today."

"Okay Ana, thank you."

"Ahh, not to forget in ten minutes, your sister is coming with her boyfriend. They have confirmed the arrival, so this time it is safe."

"Good. Let me know when they come."

"Of course I'll put them in your office and invite you when they come, rest until then. You've had a busy week."

She turns to leave, but then returns.

"I almost forgot, Doctor..."

"What is it now, Anna, what have you left out?"

"Our oral surgeon..."

"What about him again?"

"I don't know how you're going to handle this, but ..."

"Tell Anna, what about Jake?"

"He's gone again today."

"How come he's gone??!"

"Well, he's gone. He only told us this morning that he was prevented from coming to work."

"So what time is this in these two months? What's the way? What does he say when he comes back?"

"Tomorrow or the day after tomorrow."

"What does ‘or’ mean? No ‘or’, since I asked when he's coming back ?!' I thundered at Ana and repented the same second.

"I don't know, he didn't say, and I asked."

"I know Ana, I'm sorry I'm weak on my nerves these days. Please forgive me."

"Don't worry about it, I know it makes you angry when they're irresponsible about their work, and you work a lot these days."

"Possibly, but I don't have time to rest."

"Nicole, are you sure that's all this is about?" She changed her voice to her friendly, worried voice.

"What are you aiming for?"

"To be bothered by something else." - She looked at me like she was trying to see through me.

"I don't understand you, of course I'm bothered that our oral surgeon has decided not to show up for work, and he has surgery scheduled."

"I don't think about it, I don't think about work at all."

"Then what are you talking about, I don't have a problem with Stephanie? Thank God I'm so much calmer than she is with Leo."

"But let the woman Stephanie, that little girl found the happiness of her life, and you?"

"Ana I don't have time for this, bring me the patient records for Jake's surgeries today and I'll see how I can finish it."

"Are you saying this doesn't touch you in the slightest ?!" - She looked at me with raised eyebrows, lifting a newspaper from the table.

On the cover page is a picture of Maximilian shaking hands with a tall gray man. A new deal has been made with an airline, other people are present in the picture, but no one is as striking and important as the blonde next to Max.

"No, why would that bother me? They made a new deal."

"You know what I'm talking about."

"I do not know!"

"Oh Mr. Maximilian, this blonde is holding him by the arm. Doesn't that touch you in the slightest?" She narrowed her eyes at me, trying to get something out of me, but she wouldn't make it. I'm stronger than that.