6.

NICOLE

The sound of a key in the lock and someone unlocking the door wakes me up. I woke up, jumped to my feet and headed for the door and instead of Stephanie, I saw Magda enter. She was surprised to see me or better to say I scared her because I'm pretty sure I look like a ghost.

"Good morning, Miss Nicole, are you expecting someone?" She asked me suspiciously.

"Good morning Magda, I thought it was Stephanie."

"Stephanie should be home, as far as I know, she's not working today."

"I know that, but..."

"What happened?"

"We had an argument last night, so the young stubborn lady decided to disappear and turn off the phone. I'm dying of worry all night and she must be having a good time somewhere."

"You slept in an armchair?" Magda concluded by lifting the blanket from the armchair.

"Yes, I expected her to show up and I fell asleep waiting for her."

"I'm sure Stephanie's fine, don't worry so much."

"I really hope so..."

"Are you hungry? Let me make you breakfast, maybe Stephanie will show up soon too."

"I'm not hungry Magda, but thank you for worrying about me."

"You are pale and exhausted, you have to eat. Your immunity will drop and you will get sick."

"I ate last night. " I lied," I'm going to take a shower and then find Stephanie. "

Magda just nodded reluctantly. She just cared about me and Stephanie, I knew that.

Before I took a shower, I sent a message to the man who was the only one who could help me in this situation, and he owed me a favor. I asked him for Leo Anders address, the story that I don't know where Stephanie is a half true. I knew where she was, and I knew she hadn't listened to me and gone to be with him, I just didn't know where that man lives.

While I was taking a shower, I got a return message with the address. I smiled and dressed quickly. Most of my clothes were elegant, and the vast majority of them were chosen by Stephanie. While I was studying and before I started working, I was used to buying clothes for myself at the market and often at second-hand stalls. I didn't spend much for myself to have more money left for my sister. When I finally got a job at the prestigious hospital where I worked at the beginning of my career, that period was behind us, so I was more than able to buy us decent clothes. Today the situation is even better, and I no longer need to even look at how much my wardrobe costs. I give the money to Stephanie, and she comes back with bags full of clothes. I don't remember the last time I walked into a boutique and if I ordered something for myself. I would do it over the internet and delivery would come to my door.

I wore a tight black knee-length skirt, a black silk shirt that I tucked into my skirt, high elegant heels, and a coat that matched my bag. I combed my hair and let it fall freely, and put quite a bit of makeup on my face. I took special care of my skin so I almost didn't need makeup.

Leaving the room, I saw Magda with wide eyes and a hand over her mouth looking at the newspaper.

"What happened?" I asked more for the sake of order than interest, and she handed me the newspaper without a word and I had a lot to see.

On the front page of the newspaper was my sister in the arms of an injured man with a headline "A prominent businessman mutilated in a fight over an unknown girl."