𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟏: 𝐅𝐚𝐯𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐬𝐦

October 12, 1988
Hours later.

It was almost three in the morning, and it wasn't Gino's snoring that was keeping Desmond up, it was him thinking about Sade.

After her rant at the police station, he couldn't help but to still feel like shit. Nervous would be an understatement to how he was feeling right now, being it wasn't clear if him and Gino were still apart of the band or not. He figured no matter how many times they would apologize, she would still have the idea in her head, that they were two unprofessional, reckless boys, who craved for the wrong kind of attention.

Desmond hated that, because that's not what him and Gino wanted to represent. It just seems they have a habit of getting caught up in the wrong place, at the wrong time. Like before, Desmond didn't think it was a big deal to be having fun in their hotel room, but he knows the lead singer was over them dragging her into the mix.

Sade might of been okay with the two minor situations before, but her having to put money down for a fine and to stop them from being arrested, is when it became a problem. She wasn't their parent, so she didn't need to be babysitting two overgrown kids, while on tour trying to do her job. As she already said, there was no place in her band for two people acting an ass in every city.

Desi sighed to himself and removed the comfortable covers from over him, wondering if he should act on the idea running through his head. He didn't care how late it was, but he wanted to have a couple words with Sade. He needed to, if it meant him and his boy staying in the group.

He wouldn't wanna wake up and have to find their way back to New York, because the rest of the band went on with their lives, touring another city.

Reading that it was now 3:06 in the morning, Desmond got up anyway and slipped his shirt back on, along with his shorts. He thought now it was his turn to acknowledge their behavior, instead of sending Gino off to own up for the both of them.

Glancing at his friend snoring like a baby in bed, he opened their room door and peaked outside to the empty hallway. Making sure he had the room key in his pocket, he closed the door completely and started making his way down the hall. Walking up in shame to room 340, he took a deep breath and scratched the back of his head, now becoming nervous. What if she was in a deep sleep? Oh well. He made it all this way, there was no point of turning around and changing his mind.

Desmond eventually knocked four times on the door, before taking a step back and glaring down the hall. He seen one of the maids passing by the other end slowly, giving him a suspicious look. He stared her down just the same, before throwing his arms up "What!?" He semi yelled. She only shook her head and ignored him, continuing her stroll to whatever room.

Desmond were lucky they even let him and Gino back into the hotel, after everything that popped off earlier.

Anxiously swinging his arms back in forth, he sighed before going to knock three more times "Sade." He called out afterwards.

"Who is it!?" He heard her yell from the other side, sounding grumpy. 

"It's Desmond."

It was silent once again, as he leaned his head near the door, hoping to get a response. Thinking she didn't hear him, he knocked one more time "Sade, it's Desi." He told her once again.