𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟒: 𝐒𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐎𝐟𝐟

𝐉𝐮𝐧𝐞 𝟐𝟐, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟎

Placing the pay phone to her ear, Sade watched her surroundings every other minute as she blended in into the crowded airport. For the first time ever, she decided to fly to Chicago and surprise Desmond being that they haven't seen each other in a while. It was long overdue and she wished she would've done it sooner. It can be exhausting repeatedly flying from different areas though, and was the main down side of dating someone on the other side of the world.

Desmond had no clue that Sade was in town, and she felt that his reaction would be ten times better than when he popped up to surprise her in London, only because this isn't something he would have expected out of her. She had to give their relationship 100 percent, and if Desmond didn't have a problem with flying out to see her, then she can return that kind of energy for him.

Sighing to herself, she patiently waited for Gino to answer the phone, since she reminded him thirty times that she would be calling at this time. Thinking that he was probably enjoying getting high off some weed or edibles, she hoped he remembered to be picking her up for this little surprise.

Finally hearing some kind of movement, she covered her left ear to try and hear clearer "Gino?"

"Sade? Is that you?" He asked, just to be sure the right person was calling his phone.

"Yeah, I'm at the airport. My plane landed almost ten minutes ago, so I hope you're on your way." She told him.

"I ain't forget about you, i'm pulling up so you can be heading out now. These fuck ass people don't play about cars just waiting out here."

She chuckled lowly "I know they don't, I'll start heading out then." She told him and quickly placed the pay phone back on it's hook. Pulling up the handle of her suitcase, she wheeled it along with her as she started walking to the nearest exit.

Hearing someone gasp as soon as she walked pass, Sade glanced over her shoulder for only a millisecond but kept walking "I think that's Sade, the singer." She heard a young woman assume to her friend with a hint of surprise and excitement.

"Girl I don't think so, that chick reside all the way in the UK." She shrugged it off like it was impossible for the singer to randomly be in an american airport. Little did she know...

Sade just adjusted the dark shades on her face and pulled her cap down further over her forehead, not wanting to catch the eyes of anyone else. She didn't mind speaking to a few and signing one autograph, but she knew that would lead to a mob of people rushing over towards her, and she just didn't have the time today. Following a minor bunch out of the airport doors, Sade walked around and stood on the side, wanting to get a clear view of the road.

She stood there for a minute and just took in the warm weather as a nice breeze blew past occasionally. The weather was slightly better than in London, but still theres no place like home. She was use to it.

The sound of horns caught her attention as she seen a silver cadillac pulling up towards the curb. Gino appeared as he rolled the window down, giving the singer a goofy smile which caused her to playfully roll her eyes. Rushing out of the car, he came over to help her with her one suitcase "Wassup gorgeous." He greeted.

"I only have one suitcase, I could've easily rolled it to the car." She assured him with a chuckle.

Gino gave her a straight face "Can you just let me be a gentleman and put it in the car for you?" He asked while gently shoving her ahead. She surrendered and walked ahead to get situated inside anyway, letting him do his thing. Opening the back door, he just threw the suitcase inside without a care in the world, before closing it back.